The OFFICIAL "Snail Shell" Thread!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of all the threads on all the forums concerned with P4S or SS or the 6.5's the vast majority of posts disbelieve.

Having wasted a while looking back over some SS threads I came across some good quotes on what the boxes are.....

"Q. Dual Bass Reflex?A more effecient ABC box, correct or no? A. Bingo."

"LIKE I SAID, ITS EXACTLY LIKE A 6TH ORDER SERIES-TUNED BANDPASS"

!No. they act like a 6th order bandpass with the woofer on the outside. they act alot like ABC boxes!
OK. have a small 1st chamber, this restricts higher freqs (it is ported around 40-50 hz)
Next chamber, moderate volume, tuned low with a huge port that should* be long.
last chamber, smaller volume, but not as small as the 1st. and ported around 40-50 hz.

* calculate all ports as the same size, and subtract the length of the high tuned port from the length of the low tuned port. now find what the low tuned chamber would be tuned to with that size port, and make it somewhat smaller.

........Or how about a deffinative quote from the designer........

"Some might be inclined to assume this to be a transmission line enclosure, but this box has some unique aspects. The box servo tunes the Fb of the first chamber, thus the ratio of exit area to port taper controls the woofer throughout the range of tuning as the Fb follows the resonant F3 tuning point. Thus calling it a Dual Coupled Servo-Phasing Transoctave Sliding Resonance Enclosure."

.......excellent! There it is then all cleared up as to why these boxes are so good........

"Some might be inclined to assume this to be a transmission line enclosure, but this box has some unique aspects. The box servo tunes the Fb of the first chamber, thus the ratio of exit area to port taper controls the woofer throughout the range of tuning as the Fb follows the resonant F3 tuning point. Thus calling it a Dual Coupled Servo-Phasing Transoctave Sliding Resonance Enclosure."

lol, this guy should audition to be the engineering officier in the next Star Trek series, he already has the technobabble down pat.

:D

well peeps (thats you) theres another video on the P4S multimedia page, I'm just downloading it now :)

http://www.powered4sound.com/media.html

its of the 6.5inch snailshells, so, we get to have another laugh at them :D

86, 87, 88, 89, 90%

nearly done :D

97%
98%
99%
100%!!!!

YAY!!!

hmm... now I believe it even less... :p

you get e better look at the size of the boxes...

WOW!!! an empty maccas cup viabrating on the roof.... =\

I'm convinced... is his two 6.5's sound like a 15inch sub, then my single 12inch in a horn sounds like two 18's :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.