The OFFICIAL "Snail Shell" Thread!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: WOW!!!!!!

meade916 said:

You can believe or you can chose not to.....but are you saying 29hz is inaudible? I got a video at www.realmofexcursion.com of one of my boxes doing 150.8 @ 27hz doing the sickest hairtrick ive ever done.....i promise you you can hear 27hz.

Urmmmm..... Meade916 do you actually read the posts before commenting on them? I think not. If you were to take the time to read my post more closely (or even not that closely) you would see that I say that MY LAPTOP WILL NOT REPRODUCE ANY SOUND UNDER 100HZ, MEANING THAT ANYTHING UNDER 100HZ WILL RESULT IN PURE SILENCE EMINATING FROM THE LOUDSPEAKERS IN MY LAPTOP. WHAT IS AMAZING IS THAT WHEN PLAYING THE VIDEO AND IT GETS TO THE 29HZ PART IS THAT THERE IS STILL SOUND COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. Does that make it clearer for you?
As for believing or not, I think I'm still in the not camp but I'm always willing to be persuaded. It's just that I still havn't seen anything to change my mind.

Technically your the ignorant one, your commenting/bashing something you know absolutely nothing about.

Sounds to me you have nothing better to do.......you should go back to "helping sheep over the fence" or whatever you aussies do all day....i mean if you say it feels just like a woman i guess ill believe you. I cant comment on that since i dont know anything about it.

NUBZ! why dont you post them for everyone then!!!

As for me, I think its just a TL custom designed for your specific driver.

I just finished a TL design using adire's new extremis6 today, they sound pretty badass

Attachments

• tlstuffed.jpg
    tlstuffed.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 341
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet....

Quite like those words of William Shakespeare I will say

A transmission line by any other name will sound as good....

So what if my TL's dont look like thiers, they both seem to be quarter wavelength pipes if you ask me!

I thought you hit a 150 something in the video? either way that is crazy loud, keep up the good work.

And how come people start a convo on SSs it always turns out to be a hatred battle?

Because the beleivers still dont provide any proof,the video is not proof. And the people who try to find a few facts on it,are never given any facts. So the result is that it looks like Snake oil marketing. Just look at servodrive.com. What do you see? Claims + measurements. Prosound is full of claims + maesurements. Snake oil hifi is full of claims + magic.

Come on kiddies,this isnt the 5yr old playground ,name calling haha , quit wasting minutes of everyones lives by posting un useful things.

REDSKIN: your laptop speakers may not be able to reproduce a pure frequency of 29Hz, but you could certainly hear a 29Hz modulation of other frequencies.

Now whether or not this has anything to do with calling the equipment bogus, I leave to the experts.

DJNUBZ said:
I may one day but right now I don't feel it would be right. I will say that the design is much like the horn line sub. Think of it as a horn with a waveguide.

you do ofcourse realise that the spreadsheet to design your own SS is now publicly availavle on the P4S website... and that I don't believe you anyway :p lol

use those old plans all you want, those dont even resemble what the SS looks like on the inside anymore....good luck and dont blame P4s when your fakeshell doesnt sound good.

As for this "proof" you guys all want - its kinda funny.....it reminds me of the Airraid throttle body spacer and Granettelli Mass Air sensor i put in my tahoe.....both had nice fancy graphs on the box that SHOWED me the 20horse i was supposed to get. Man those were nice drawings but i dont know about the horses, what a waste of money. How could it STILL be "snake oil" they gave me the graphs!!!!!!!!

You guys dont want one, dont buy one. Keep talking about them though because you just made their sales go up even more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.