The Aleph30 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:
Those copper plates are used both to connect two pieces of heatsinks and to spread the heat more evenly.

However, they are not neccessarily required.

So,it isn't needed?I only want to connect my fets in the middle of the sink.I was wondering if I may use wires to connect the fets,can I?

Attachments

• aleph 30 koelprofielen 004verkleind.jpg
    aleph 30 koelprofielen 004verkleind.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 648
I don't like the idea of all that in one case. How come you did this ?

I don't either, too much heat in a small space. It was an idea that didn't happen. The A30 is the A30, the X-BoSoZ is in it's own case with attenuator and source selector.

(pre wire-up pic)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

meanman1964 said:
So,it isn't needed?I only want to connect my fets in the middle of the sink.I was wondering if I may use wires to connect the fets,can I?

meanman1964 said:
What do you think about those sinks,are they ok.It's possible that I use a fan,but is that needed?Do I have to anodise them even when I want to use a fan?

This should work fine and connecting fets with wires will help in better heat distribution. Two of those heatsinks per channel may work, but it will also depend on your actual PS voltage. Even 2 V make a difference in produced heat so try not to exceed it too much.

Peter Daniel said:

This should work fine and connecting fets with wires will help in better heat distribution. Two of those heatsinks per channel may work, but it will also depend on your actual PS voltage. Even 2 V make a difference in produced heat so try not to exceed it too much.

What's the right dc voltage for the amp?
And what about anodise the sinks?Is that needed?
And what about one sink with a fan?

The manual specifies +/- 25V rails. Depending on your particular transformer you may get more or less in actual supply voltage. That will affect the generated heat. If you heatsinks are rather small, it's better to use 2 x 18V AC transformer.

You don't need to anodize heatsinks, if appearance is not your concern.

Forced air usually improves efficiency by a factor of 2, so you may try one heatsink with a fan as well.

Peter Daniel said:

Peter,
Do I have to wire all six Fets or can I solder 3 Fets onto the board and attache the board to the sink and wire the other 3?What about the gate resistors,could they stay on the board or do they have to be as close to the fets as possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.