The Aleph30 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wirewiggler said:
My current A30 has A 600 kva 18V transformer with 4 47,000 uf capacitors and 2 2mh coils (14 gauge) they are running (the chokes) 70 degrees C. Do you think this is to hot?

600 kva ? :bigeyes: Darn, I'd like to see photo's of that lump of iron ;)
Nahh, i know you just hit the "k" by mistake. I like those two coils in your PS. Respect

Regards
Ebbe

Oh yeah drop the k, They make the power supply very quite hate to loose them. With the cover over then it gets quite hot.

Attachments

• a30.jpg
    a30.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,846
wirewiggler said:
Jason,
I bought a heat sink just like Peters Mt Vesuvius from Apex Jr he has one more with 110v fan on it. The Power supply on the right is good, I thought it was a dual (plus and minus with ground) but is is just one with ground in the middle.

Bill

I just want it so i can do dual rails for opamps and other stuff.
Ill be buying the Dual

Ok,
Got another Aleph running, I call this one ugly Betty. I was getting tired every time I wanted to build a new amp building a case for it. It sounds great as a A30 but it wants to to be a F4 or X- hint ,hint. It need a 12v fan with a PWM controller, don't think I will bother with temperature controller as temp stays constant after warm up. Turn off the lights and this one is my favorite amp, reminds me of a few of my ex-girlfriends.

Attachments

• betty.jpg
    betty.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,590
wirewiggler said:
Ok,
Got another Aleph running, I call this one ugly Betty. I was getting tired every time I wanted to build a new amp building a case for it. It sounds great as a A30 but it wants to to be a F4 or X- hint ,hint. It need a 12v fan with a PWM controller, don't think I will bother with temperature controller as temp stays constant after warm up. Turn off the lights and this one is my favorite amp, reminds me of a few of my ex-girlfriends.

I personally would not be ashamed of that, that looks pretty decent well layed out and simple. You like the sound ? does it get really hot ?

Jase

It runs quite cool, which resister in Peters layout is for bias ? I will take it out completely. Since I will be swapping out boards and cooling requirements will change a controller will allow me tweak it. It has the same appeal to me as the nude motorcycles, functional, no frills, just the important stuff. Well maybe and a beer.:drink:

Bill

wirewiggler said:
nude motorcycles

Same HERE
Nice amBiflier, although the woody is the bestlooking P-labs copy i've seen, i'd probably stick big Betty in an acrylic tower showcase.

(reminds me, my dutch pro socker association neighbour trashed his Duc 996sps on the track a couple of years ago, the guy never rode it a mile on the highway. Used to gloat every time he could show me his carbon $ stuff, S4R for me)

If you are refering to the dual 9610 FET input pair (which I think you am) then the answer is no - however it will not harm either. What is more important I think is that they track termically - Mine are joined around a TO220 mica and gue using a nylon bolt - they must be electrically isolated from each other!

Kind regards
Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.