• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

jarthel said:
I was looking at the website and I was confused.

I need a stereo volume control. can you please tell me what parts do I need to buy?

What type of stereo volume control?

If you mean a motorised pot, you can use the Remote1 board and an RK27 or RK16 pot. There are also relay and PGA2310 based attenuators available.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

mcs said:

What type of stereo volume control?

If you mean a motorised pot, you can use the Remote1 board and an RK27 or RK16 pot. There are also relay and PGA2310 based attenuators available.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

2 questions:

1. with the pga2310-based volume control, how do I change the volume?

2. with relvol1 with control, I assume the control is built-in. but if I buy relvol3, I would need a control circuit. is this right?

thanks for the reply.

jarthel said:
1. with the pga2310-based volume control, how do I change the volume?

For just a volume control (no input selector etc.), you can use the VolControl1, 2 or 3 (different displays).

2. with relvol1 with control, I assume the control is built-in. but if I buy relvol3, I would need a control circuit. is this right?

Yes. And in the RelVol3 case, you could use the VolControl boards also.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

the buffer on the pga2130-based volume control uses opa2134. can this be changed to dual-opa627bp (using an adapter)?

when you say "no buffer" (on the pricelist for the chipvol1), do you mean:

the parts for the buffer have been removed OR
the kit does not include the opa2134?

thank you.

jarthel said:
the buffer on the pga2130-based volume control uses opa2134. can this be changed to dual-opa627bp (using an adapter)?

Yes, you can use any op. amps. as long as they are unity gain stable.

when you say "no buffer" (on the pricelist for the chipvol1), do you mean:

the parts for the buffer have been removed OR
the kit does not include the opa2134?

Both I guess. None of the parts for the burffer stage (chip, resistors, caps) are included, and you connect the input signal to the PGA chip directly.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have bought some time ago a Chipvol1, input selector and controlboard with a nice blue display and remote kit.

I have now had it playing for a long time and I am very satisfied with the sound and quality of above. It suits my gear perfectly.

I can only reccomend Dantimax and Mikkel the support I have gotten if outstanding and very proffessional.
If you are looking for a passive or active DIY preamp with a working remote check out his site at Dantimax

Hi

I'am planning to use a preamp module which convert single ended to balance.
Configuration could use the input2 selector board, having both SE and Balanced at
input of the preamp. and only balanced at the output :

So few questions about the input2 board :

the preamp board has only Balanced input, so when connecting SE to it, I will have
to connect the (-) pin to the GND on the preamp (both wired to GND/RCA input)
Can it be manage with the input2 with both XLR input without any "rewiring"

the preamp has only Balanced out, in that case the (-) or the (+) should never be
connected to the GND. the contact should only be open. Does input2 manage that case ?
( i ask this question because on input2 schematic, for JP7 it seems that 2 and 3 pin
can be connected to GND, for 2 it's Ok but about the pin 3)

Last question, can the Balanced input can be configured in SE Mode

Hope I'm clear enough :)
Thanks

Hi RTD,

I will let MCS answer most of the questions. One question requests a change to the board, so I will answer that one as I just did something similar.

I used this system to build an Aleph P1.7 pre-amp, and can tell you that if you that this is a very versatile system. All you want it does. What is very nice, is that when you fool around with both SE and balanced inputs, you usually end up with 6DB more output on the balanced inputs. With this system you can then set the offset for a SE input of 6DB, so when you change channels you do not end up with very loud music.

When you want to make changes, like reconfiguring the balanced input for a SE, you will find that you can do that with a few changes to the board. The board incorporates a separate relay that connects the - from the balanced input to ground when using a SE input. I have been fooling around with the boards, using different buttons to switch the same input (i wanted the selection CD and SAT to select the same input (DAC) and can tell you that it is very easy to add (or in my case remove) a connection to switch the relay that grounds the minus ).

I can tell you that the boards are very versatile, while still allowing a lot of changes. I made a lot, short-circuited everything many many times, but still no problems!! :hot:

Even when you want to add functionality, it is very easy. I made a new board to decrease power supply wiring, and add functionality that enables to separate start my monoblocks with 5V signals, and signal my DAC and Phono when to start. Some signals are delay on, some are delay off.

Greetings, Harry

Attachments

• diyprint.jpg
    diyprint.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 752
rtd said:
the preamp board has only Balanced input, so when connecting SE to it, I will have
to connect the (-) pin to the GND on the preamp (both wired to GND/RCA input)
Can it be manage with the input2 with both XLR input without any "rewiring"

Yes, this is the standard configuration.

the preamp has only Balanced out, in that case the (-) or the (+) should never be connected to the GND. the contact should only be open. Does input2 manage that case ?
(i ask this question because on input2 schematic, for JP7 it seems that 2 and 3 pin can be connected to GND, for 2 it's Ok but about the pin 3)

No, only the output connectors are connected to ground (shorting the input of the poweramp) for mute. The outputs of the preamp are never connected to ground.

Last question, can the Balanced input can be configured in SE Mode

Yes. There is a simple way and a hard way :)
The simple way would be to short the inverting input to ground (like when you're using an unbalanced input). This will only work if the signal source has short-circuit proof outputs of course. This can be done without changing the layout of the board. The complicated solution would be to add an extra relay for the switching. That could be done with a bit of extra wiring on top of the board.

Sorry about replying so late! I normally get an e-mail when somebody posts here, but I didn't this time.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

rtd said:
Does VolControl3 work with RelVol3 (balanced) ?
Is LCD optionnal for VolControl3 or must it be fit to make the control work ? ( so that i could fit it later ).

Yes and perhaps. An LCD is normally needed, but you should be able to just short two pins of the LCD connector, to make the board "think" there is a display connected - I have just never tried ;)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen