• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

S&B TX-102 Transformer Volume Attenuators

Mikkel:

You are right, the TX-102 was converted from 20 steps to 24 steps several years ago. The S&B website continues to display the spec sheet for the old version.

So the current TX-102 requires a 24 step switch (23 + mute). I presume the 26 step RelVol2 board should be used with the current TX-102?

I am attempting to get the current attentuation values for display programming.

Re: Dantimax - Rip-Off?

mysound said:
Hi,

has anyone heard anything from Mikkel (MCS - Dantimax) recently?

I ordered a CDM-Pro2 (£400) from him about 6 weeks ago. I've sent several emails recently but have not heard anything back. I hope my money is safe!

I hope this guy is not a con-artist (?)

thanks, Tim

Hi Tim,

I ordered a kit from Mikkel about three months ago. It was a bit slow in arriving, but it got here (to Canada) just fine. I found Mikkel to be very responsive and ethical.

Re: Dantimax - Rip-Off?

mysound said:
has anyone heard anything from Mikkel (MCS - Dantimax) recently?

I ordered a CDM-Pro2 (£400) from him about 6 weeks ago. I've sent several emails recently but have not heard anything back. I hope my money is safe!

Don't worry, your money is safe. I haven't been home the past two weeks - I really needed a break, so when I could get a cheap last-minute trip I left...

The problem with the CD-Pro2s is my supplier in Holland. It took a very long time to get the drives I ordered. And when I (finally) got them, they arrived without the disc clamps and other parts - just the bare drives. And I'm still waiting for the missing parts, and some more CD-Pros I have ordered. I don't know of any other source for the parts, so I don't think I can do anything but wait - unfortunately :(

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Re: Re: Dantimax - Rip-Off?

mike_mcf said:
I ordered a kit from Mikkel about three months ago. It was a bit slow in arriving, but it got here (to Canada) just fine. I found Mikkel to be very responsive and ethical.

Thanks. I can ship out the parts quickly most of the time. But sometimes parts shortages can slow it down. At other times my "normal" work turns into 24/7 work (almost), which causes some delays also...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I too waited a long long time for my CDpro2 kit, but now I have got it and I really look forward to start building it.

I intend to build an opentop system.
Eventually I will build an external DAC as well.

I will post listening impressions when I have completed the kit.

Again very good service from Dantimax, I am very happy with the information I get and the willingness to help and develope new things.

My next project will be a FM Tuner from Dantimax, hopefully a HQ tuner.

Hi

I would like to thank Dantimax for good service and fast shipping.

Couple of weeks ago I assembled Volcontrol2 and chipvol1 for Class-D amp.The remote works well and it was even possible to use the original remote controller from a Sony DVD player,which I use for music listening.(it has programmable volume control buttons).
Not sure yet if I prefer chipvol1 with or without the buffer,will test it later.The output impedance in my DVD player is about 400ohm so it is not necessarily needed.

Soxen said:
I too waited a long long time for my CDpro2 kit, but now I have got it and I really look forward to start building it.

Sorry about the long delays. The CD-Pro drives are finally in stock (and have been for a month or so), but I don't have any power supply boards for the next week...

My next project will be a FM Tuner from Dantimax,

Don't reveal the secret products ;)

hopefully a HQ tuner.

I hope so too. It has been in development for about 16 years, and here's the first 16 year old prototype:

Oldtuner.jpg

No, not really :D - but it is about 16 years old and an FM tuner...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

All the CD-Pro2M parts are in stock, and have been for a couple of weeks - I just forgot to update the website...

No big product news just yet - but there are some projects in testing.

And then a bit of bad news. Because of a few unethical individuals I have to change the shipping/payment terms. In the future I cannot allow PayPal payment on parcels sent with uninsured shipping. If you pay by other means, uninsured shipping is still possible - otherwise insured only. Too bad a few people have to cause problems for everybody else... :mad:

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen