• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tell me what extras (if any) you would like - this includes:
    • Batteries
    • Wallwart
    • Front panel
    • Extra resistors (low noise / other gain)
    • Enclosure (if direct ordering from element14 is not an option for you)

Hi BlueFalcon

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet, I see you have my name down for 2 sets of batteries and wallwart, I won't need those, I thought they were extras so I did not mentioned it, sorry for not been more specific.

I'm mainly after:
2 kit of parts for the O2
2 PCBs
2 eclosures
2 front panels
2 low noise resistors kit

Once again thanks for your efforts =)

The "Extra 8 NJM4556" are not mine.
You pasted that cell content on the wrong line.
Methinks that was previously listed as AussieAmpBloke's requested extras.
Aside from that my figures are correct.

Fix'd. :)
Publishing everyone's prices tonight. I'm still trying to chase up one last backordered component but by the time I've got all your money it will be ready to order.

When you have your price, please contact me (prefer via SMS as i'm frequently unavailable) using the contact number in the spreadsheet and I will get back to you with a confirmation of your total payment + my bank transfer details.

Due to the nature of this complex order I have to order more parts than are necessary, in particular the batteries which come in packs of 20 - I need 91 so far. Anybody who wants a good quality 9v battery, add another $5 onto your order and i'll toss one in. (This will also help me offset the excess costs incurred.)

I do apologize that the costs are higher than I had originally anticipated - however I was unable to find a low-cost source for the wall transformers (and we have to use the more expensive 15v version) and that has ended up adding significantly to the cost. If any of you want to drop this I do understand. If you want to show me a cheaper source (the price to beat is $23) please let me know!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great work BlueFusion!!!

I do apologize that the costs are higher than I had originally anticipated - however I was unable to find a low-cost source for the wall transformers (and we have to use the more expensive 15v version) and that has ended up adding significantly to the cost. If any of you want to drop this I do understand. If you want to show me a cheaper source (the price to beat is $23) please let me know!

Would this from Altronics do the job? Its not rated for as much current as the jaycar one but I think it might fit. - Altronics - Your One Stop Audio Visual & Electronics Supplier

I'll also check Wagner tonight and see if something is in their catalogue.

Will contact you tonight / tomorrow as I'm on my way out for the afternoon.

Certainly seems it'd fit the bill. That is certainly worth checking out - if there's a significant price drop, I'll update totals accordingly. :)
One thing to consider though - plugpacks are heavy. Though jaycar is expensive per unit, I don't have to pay shipping, as I can have my local store order them in and just pick them up. Anywhere else I'll have to include shipping, which for heavy chunks of iron and copper isn't cheap. :)

Excellent - thanks!
I'll take this opportunity to remind all of you paying via bank transfer that I need to be able to link your bank payment with your forum handle, and I also will need your address via SMS or PM :)
Re parts acquisition - as funds roll in I've started purchasing what I can (so far, packaging materials, postage satchels, and the PCBs) but I'll need more orders paid before I can start buying most of the stuff :)

Edit: I'll mark you as 'paid' once the payment is actually received - for paypalers this is instant but most of you lovely people paying by bank transfer will have to wait the few days till the funds are available. I'll mark you as pending in the meantime!

Last edited:
Sweet - cheers. I'm amazed by how promptly you've all been paying and how many of you have been tipping a few bucks here and there - definitely much appreciated!
I've received an astonishing amount of payments over the last few days - few more to go and we'll be done. I'm updating the spreadsheet now. :)

Hiya all - I'm away for a few days, Monday evening or Tuesday I will be tallying the last few payments and poking any left unpaid. :)
Thank you all very much for being so prompt. Apologies if I have failed to update your details yet - where I'm posting from I don't have access to my info. I will do so ASAP!

Hiya everybody - I really hate to keep disappearing on you all like this however life's busy at the moment.
I'm scraping together the last few payments in preparation for ordering all the parts. Unfortunately I seem to have some small errors in my spreadsheet so the funds aren't slotting together as neatly as I would have liked. It is nothing major, only a matter of a few dollars here and there, so there are no issues, but I am following up a couple of helpful people who've offered opportunities to cut costs slightly. On that note I still need to sell off 6 more 'spare' batteries!
Thankyou all for your patience. It's going to be great!
I've just updated my spreadsheet and the public copy.

Hi Bluefusion

Thanks for the update, you have done a great job so far so thank you.
It has been over two weeks since you started accepting payment for the GB and it looks like the vast majority of the people have already paid.
Maybe it would be appropriate to set a cut off time for payments to be made so you can progress with actually purchasing of the parts.

I just don't think it is fair on the Group neither on you to be waiting indefinitely for payment to arrive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.