• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Bluefusion, i'll grab one kit please. i've paid for shipping with ollie i think not sure the price got lower since i last checked due to numbers i guess. so i've asked for him to just send to you. i ordered 2 pcb, but only want one kit with batteries (please let me think on that as i'm giving these away to friends) forget the gain kit, i have heaps, probably have half the parts on the bom in my parts bin. i am interested in the panel; is your friend open to do another small panel for me? i can supply the files, pretty simple job.

its either batteries or nothing as far as psu, i have oodles of diy ones that will do nicely.

oh yeah soz, 4019 is the post code. hehe kinda funny actually. its for pretty much an antithesis of this. its for a portable LiFePO4 powered sabre ES9018 (buffalo 2) with balanced dac with headamp, transformer coupled bnc spdif, toslink and digital volume. not a lot of wanky parts except all zfoil smd resistors in the analogue stage. but it aint no O2.

as far as the batteries, put me down for them, but i may end up giving him an AC powered unit, i'll let you know well before time.

powered, controlled and monitored by this

Attachments

• electron mobility stuffed 09 best framed smaller.jpg
    electron mobility stuffed 09 best framed smaller.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 244
Hi, just had a look in an ELECTUS catalogue (5th edition) and the MP3020 is listed at $8.40 per unit and $7.30 in qty of 10+.
I found it frustrating when i was looking at buying a case for another project and got my hands on an electus catalogue seeing prices are about half that of Jaycar that the average consumer has to pay.
Am not sure how one would go about setting up an account to get this wholesale pricing.
Perhaps worth investigating considering the number of units.
Cheers

FYI aussies,

Latest Silicon Chip has a project for a Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier.

Different approach using a low power (4w into 8 ohms) version of their class A amp following an lm833-based preamp. Power supply is very similar, as are noise and distortion measurements. More complex and probably more expensive.

Ian

Sorry for getting to the party late but i had planned on getting my own parts, but the cheap front panel machining was too tempting.

I have already ordered and paid for 2 boards from olli

NEED:
Parts x 2
Pair batteries x 1
Enclosure & F/Panel x 1
Wallwart x 1

if possible a bonus 8x NJM4556 opamps

shipping postcode 6021
:wave: *waves at ancientwisdom*

I'd be keen for a complete set too.
Added :)

OK..
I'll change my order... Cheers!

Sorry for getting to the party late but i had planned on getting my own parts, but the cheap front panel machining was too tempting. ...
if possible a bonus 8x NJM4556 opamps

Can you put me down for 1 jaycar wallwart please?
Thanks,
kffern
Sorry - I already had you down for 2 of everything as per the spreadsheet - do you want just 1 wallwart and 2 of everything else, or what?

WRT to the resistors I'll grab two 'sets' Cheers Murph
Done :)

I am planning to get one of these cases. what do you guys think? The screws look cheap but I woul relace them with hex heads.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r
kffern
I would have to recommend against it. While it might seem attractive, for less than $10 of cost savings I (personally) would much prefer to use the case the whole amp is specifically designed for. Using a different case also precludes getting the panel CNC'd without a whole lot more effort.

Bah, sorry.
If you don't mind, I would like a set of gain resistors as well.
Done :)

Might as well add 1 gain kit to mine.
Done also :)

@all: This is turning out to be just fantastic. I will start accepting payments soon however I need to work out with Paypal the best way to do this so the funds are not frozen. I've started doing per-order quotes for all your orders so you'll have payment figures soon. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.