• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry - I already had you down for 2 of everything as per the spreadsheet - do you want just 1 wallwart and 2 of everything else, or what?

Hi Bluefusion,

I had only asked for 2 parts kits and 4 batteries. I then added 1 wallwart.
Since you have added me for the cases as well can I just get 1 case + 1 front panel and 1 set of extra resistors.
Sorry if has caused any problems. I may not have followed the thread properly.

Thank,
kffern

kffern - thanks for clarifying :)

Attention all:

I got a reply back from Paypal. It seems they're OK with this type of endeavour so long as a few conditions are met, namely that I guarantee delivery within 20 days of payment and that it's clearly identified as pre-sale.
What this means is that I could either invoice you all or set up payment buttons that clearly specify this. It also means that I would really, REALLY need you all to be prompt with payment - because if you don't pay in time, I won't have the money for all the parts in time, they won't arrive in time and then paypal's user agreement says they can screw us all over.

I'm not totally happy with guaranteeing a 20 day time, for a few reasons.
For starters, it's more than likely that it will take at least several days to collect everybody's money.
While some parts may arrive quickly (e.g. Mouser / e14 orders should be <3 days), some will take longer, or cost a lot more. For example - the batteries will either be 10+ days at current cost, 6-10 days for a little more, and to get it here under a week would over double their cost. I then have to spend time sorting and packaging everything, and the front panels will take a few days to be produced at least - AFTER I receive the enclosures.
It also precludes any unforeseen delays - perhaps a part goes out of stock and I have to source a replacement, perhaps there's another flood and shipping is delayed, who knows what.

Unless we can find a way to deal with Paypal - I'm not really happy using them. I'd love to offer an alternative such as google checkout - but unfortunately they don't offer services for Australian merchants yet.
I am investigating other options, such as working with my bank to set up a short-term credit card merchant account so that I could accept payments directly.
If anybody has any more information or would like to help work this out please, contact me, this is becoming a huge headache and I need to get this organized so we can proceed.
Thanks again :)

Last edited:
If it is not too late to get in on this I would like to be added to the list.

2x "parts"
2x PCBs
2x front panels

NO case, NO accessories.

Also, I'm curious as to whether this is going to end up based on the v1.0 board & BOM or the recently updated v1.1 spec by the time it's all worked out.

Either way please post a quote on the total for the above request.

@BlueFusion: I will PM my details as I prefer not to post them.
@TrogStar (not a member): If the total works out as more than you gave me I can cover for you.

Thanks - added.
It will be produced with the newest information I have available at the time of ordering. The PCB is most definitely based on the new revision, which is why olli's PCB order is currently waiting for RocketScientist to prototype the new revision to iron out any bugs.

Attn everyone:
I will quote each of you once I've finalized a few details - i.e. the wallwarts, payment method, and what I need to add for packaging materials etc.

I have one more interested here :cool:

So I would now like a total of:
3x PCB
3x parts
3x machined front panel

I have not ordered PCBs from olli and option B is the preference on post to avoid shipping things to machinists.

So, to clarify... :scratch1: ...If I don't order the PCBs from olli do they come through BluFusion instead? Or do I have to take care of the PCBs separately and then inform BlueFusion so that they can all be group shipped to Aus?

Thanks - I will add the new orders tonight. :)
Sqveak: Either is good. All the australian PCBs are coming through me anyway but I am also doing an order for the GB and i'll just tack the $2 odd onto your total :)
Sounds like we're going for bank transfer as a payment option. Excellent! No fees, no hassles... takes a few days but that's a small price to pay. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.