• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
+1

Bluefusion if you need any help just ask!

By the look of the other thread all of the boards for Aus will be shipping shortly from oli shortly!

Hi there hochopeper, do you know if the boards for this Group Buy have been ordered as well? And whether they have been shipped yet?
Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

It would also be nice if Bluefusion could make an appearance in the thread and give us some updates too.

Hi there hochopeper, do you know if the boards for this Group Buy have been ordered as well? And whether they have been shipped yet?
Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

It would also be nice if Bluefusion could make an appearance in the thread and give us some updates too.

As far as I was aware olli1324 and Bluefusion had arranged that he would distribute the boards in Aus to save on international shipping. According to Post #919 in the board group buy they've now shipped to BF. This should be all boards in Aus, not just those that were grabbing parts here too.

I emailed BF some details early last week to see if we could get a better price from element14 on the enclosures. Haven't heard back from him though and he's not been on diyA for a week now, must be away from internet again for a while.

As far as I was aware olli1324 and Bluefusion had arranged that he would distribute the boards in Aus to save on international shipping. According to Post #919 in the board group buy they've now shipped to BF. This should be all boards in Aus, not just those that were grabbing parts here too.

I emailed BF some details early last week to see if we could get a better price from element14 on the enclosures. Haven't heard back from him though and he's not been on diyA for a week now, must be away from internet again for a while.

Thanks for that info. It would be great if we could get a better price for the enclosures. Ta

I hope I'm wrong

+1!

A whole pile of o2 boards should be somewhere on the big island by now though!

Has anyone else tried contacting BF? I sent him SMS last week and he responded that he had been ill. His diyaudio account wasn't used for a while (around 10days or so: I checked a few times to see if he'd logged in) but he's been on today so hopefully that is a good sign that maybe he's getting some health back!

Hello All! Would anyone happen to have an update on BF's health? Hochopeper mentioned he had some success with sms contact (with BF mentioning the he was ill); 17 days without forum contact indicates to me that it might be serious? I hope BF is soldering on and this project won't be the death of him! However - with reference to FredtheDog's concerns - given the amount of money involved I think the everyone would appreciate any details on what's going on?

I'd agree with the sentiments of the last few posts. BF really needs to post an update ASAP.

While I'm trying hard to not sound ungrateful and unsympathetic, if BF is too unwell to do this GB, he needs to hand the money and any parts over to someone who is healthy enough to complete the GB.

I've offered BF help in the past and this is another offer of help.

OK - now that i have more than a few seconds here.
I had no idea unfortunately that life would kick up so many of its little obstacles right in the middle of this. I've started to order parts but can't find payments from a few people so i'm doublechecking my records. As I previously mentioned, teh numbers weren't lining up - mainly due to a spike in the cost of the enclosures, and slight increases in some other items - but thanks to a very helpful quote from hochopeper I've been able to secure a better price on these. I've also actually tested the 12v jaycar plugpack and can confirm that it's giving us enough volts so i can save another buck or two there - so it's all good. :)
I'm working on this all at once so I'll be back on here later tonight with further updates.

On another note - I've received the big box of PCBs from olli and they look superb :)
I also have his database with shipping addresses for everyone in Aus who ordered from him - however I don't think he's sent me the shipping funds yet so i need to follow that up.

Edit: I can't find any payments from bircoe, qusp or mattcalf - if you are one of these people please contact me ASAP on my mobile (on the spreadsheet). I'm also PMing these people and emailing where possible. Note that because I can't find it doesn't necessarily mean they haven't paid - just that i can't find the payment in my records :)

Edit edit: I have enough money spare to order parts for these three regardless - therefore if they don't pay up there will be the following available (including surplus from elsewhere in my orderings):
3 components kits - 3 extra PCBs - 10 batteries - 3 enclosures - 1 wallwart - 3 front panels - 3 resistor kits
I'd like to sell these off as they represent funds that I will have invested into this myself that I could use back. :)

Last edited:
Attention everyone: we have a problem!
I contacted my local Jaycar to confirm my request for 30 wallwarts, but their warehouse has none. Their only option is to collect them from stores around the country which could take 2 weeks ish.
Other than this, the only other option is to get looking again. That means you, participants, I need your help to find a suitable plugpack at a suitable price! (12-20v AC, from 240v input. 14v+ highly preferred.)
The price to beat (or meet) is jaycar's $14.95. This has to include shipping for the whole 'lot' of 30, and ideally needs to be fast shipping.
Anybody?
Anything is appreciated! :)

Attention everyone: we have a problem!
I contacted my local Jaycar to confirm my request for 30 wallwarts, but their warehouse has none. Their only option is to collect them from stores around the country which could take 2 weeks ish.
Other than this, the only other option is to get looking again. That means you, participants, I need your help to find a suitable plugpack at a suitable price! (12-20v AC, from 240v input. 14v+ highly preferred.)
The price to beat (or meet) is jaycar's $14.95. This has to include shipping for the whole 'lot' of 30, and ideally needs to be fast shipping.
Anybody?
Anything is appreciated! :)

The next best I can find is altronics one that I posted when we were looking for more volts a while back - Altronics - Your One Stop Audio Visual & Electronics Supplier

Maybe in quantity they can do a better price? It can't hurt to ask I suppose!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.