• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For memory

I have payed the 6 novenber 2007 (3 month and 7 days ago).

I don't have:

- the second dac (i had the se version but i have buy the full balanced kit .......)
- the selection plate
- the two square chip for the I2S signal
- the tube buffer

During the previous version Thomas had broken his leg and with version 3 it a problem with the neck.......

Which is the next excuse.

The transformer are not good I have 9v but thet are 15V......

you are an embezzler

I have anything more has say.

I apologize for having purposes so "violent "

But I paid for a long time Thomas do not answer....

In theory it is in the hospital but after all promises which it my fact I believe rained has what he says and I still do not have what I paid.

In life when they pay they want to have sound owes.

MALZA

Thomas, I'm still waiting for your reply........
If you are not able to respons please let us know for how long that is!
Furthermore if you are not able to complete our orders please have someone give our money back.

And for those waiting for a shipment to finish their projects get it ready asap!

And for the future I suggest you should communicate faster,deliver fasrer and if something happens to you or the production or whatsoever...... please inform us ,we are patience as you noticed !!!

It all comes down to trusting each other, especially in internet buying .

all the best, Menno Keizer

V3 TGA1541A

Hi guys,

After searching for sometimes for affordable DIY DAC 1541A, I have discovered this threads. I am interested to get the DAC offered by Thomas but I wonder if it is such a good idea after reading the dissatisfactions from some of the diyers who have purchased the kit. I have also come across Satch DAC, a full kit based on TDA1541A offered by (http://www.diyhifisupply.com/). I wonder how the kits stand since I have not been able to find any review. Having said that I would if any one who has purchase the kit from Thomas care to comment.

Thanks
Nik

Hi Nik,

From the look of the photo and desc, both DAC have a lot of similarity.
The only few area I can see Thomas DAC edge out is the option of full balance output, different option of output IV - 2 x single Opamp, 4 x single opamp, tube or passive transformer. So far those who own it are happy with it and do come back for more. The only down side of Thomas DAC is availability and delivery. He been out of action for quite a long time. Just hope he will be back soon.

Dear all,

As a friend of Thomas, I would like to inform you that Thomas was having problem with his neck some time ago. Even worse, he has now been suspected of having cancer. Currently he is under further testing to verify this. Hopefully this is not the case.

For those who have ordered some items from him but not received them yet, stay calm and give him some time. He will respond to you later.

Regards,
TC MA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.