New-building of my F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mithomas said:

Dang, no wonder my holes are all crooked.

If you have a place to set it up, you really ought to get yourself a drill-press. I have a cheapo one that has drilled a few thousend holes and holds a 0,8mm drill-bit. It is the single best investment you can do, if you have a place for it! Price here in DK approx 120$

:)

Attachments

• drill_press.jpg
    drill_press.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 922
Re: drill press

mithomas said:
Steenoe - even better.
It's funny the tools I've never even considered.

Something to add to the basement collection.

You will think of me with love, first time you drill a heatsink in one of those;) While shopping anyways, you also need this, to hold your pieces (smaller ones):

Attachments

• maskinskruestik.jpg
    maskinskruestik.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 927
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tools

Yes, I will think of you with love, for many reasons!:joker:

Yes, a small vice is a great addition to the bench. A variable temp soldering iron is my favorite. However, occasionally I forget to take it off de-soldering 900 degrees. :hot:

I also consider adequate lighting for me to be very important.
My next investment is a shop-vac. My other just died.:dead:
Probably too much aluminum shavings and soot from stove.

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
So far so good . . . well progressing.

Probably, I could try listening the day after tomorrow. Haha . . . but, I have to stop here for four or five days. I should prepare myself to have a trip to the the hospital in Seoul. Three hours by bullet train and half an hour by taxi. Three or four days of chemo . . . >>:bawling:<<

Cheers,

>>:)<<

Attachments

• chassisconst03.jpg
    chassisconst03.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,112
Hi,
Nice set-up! I've also started my F5 project and I'll follow some of your construction tips.

By the way, I've seen the first photo of this post, and I belive that you will get much better sound if instead of investing in a new amplifier, you build a nice pair of rock-solid stads for your monitors. Mine where built with solid marble and the sound improvement was impressive.

Bye!

Ferran

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
One week . . . I have been in darkness. I have been not able to access diyAh . . . for one week!

Thanks to Mark (Variac) in Papa's country and Jim in Downunder, I finally see no more of the error code HTTP403. Instead, I read diyAh . . . & friends.

I have wanted to show my F5, which has been completed last week.

Cheers,

Last week, I have met my doctor in Seoul. But, he has returned me back home in Pusan, saying that number of my white blood cells is too low for the chemo. That's why I am in Seoul this week. And, that's why I could have completed my F5 last week.

Attachments

• chassisconst18.jpg
    chassisconst18.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,110
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.