My first rock album.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Peter,

Being in Toronto, you are in prime hunting grounds for this rocker by Mainline, Live at the Victory Theatre. In no way politically correct it is a favorite of mine (if you find a 2nd good copy i'd love to scoop it offen you)

Opens with a unique rendition of O Canada.

dave

Attachments

• mainline.jpg
    mainline.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 157
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
roddyama said:
I always wanted to see the Who in concert, but trying to get tickets for the likes of the Who or the Stones in Detroit in the 70's was like taking your life in your hands

I never saw them live, but a fellow i worked with at the HiFi store had the opportunity to spend an afternoon with them, and go see them in Vancouver, after his best friends dad met them on the airplane and invited them out for an afternoon of fishing on his yacht.

dave

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I love Queen, sometimes particularly Love of My Life.
Missing my old ex-girl...
I do not know your cases...
My wife never gives up checking me how I am thinking about her.
No reply. Instead, I just play on Queen, Love of My Life.
Mmm... She gives me a happy smile, and I answer her a good smile.

Last night I was listening to my two favorite songs loudly.
Wishbone Ash, Everyone Needs a Friend, studio record.
Bob Marley, No Woman No Cry, live record.

Rock? No studio record. I need live record, Yeah… specially 70s…
I listed up into the shopping basket including The Who of Paulb
and Mainline of Planet10. I have real pleasure in talking the same
words requiring no argument. Thanks again, guys. :)

JH

PS. Now it seems Frank went to bed...

Peter... what happened?

My first rock album was X's Los Angeles. The Misfits, the Clash, the Sex Pistols (although they sucked when I saw them last month), the Ramones, the Buzzcocks, the Damned.. I enjoy them all. My 3 most hated are Air Supply, Supertramp and the Bee Gees. Peter..... Supertramp Paris??? I'll forget you mentioned it.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 157
Re: Peter... what happened?

Nednai said:
Peter..... Supertramp Paris??? I'll forget you mentioned it.

I guess I'm trying too much to please everybody.;) There was one other live event in Paris worth mentioning: "Paris Au Printemps" by Public Image Limited. You said you saw the Pistols last month. I didn't know, last time I saw them it was 1996 and I quite liked it. I also saw PIL 3 times live, good show ea. time.

Attachments

• pil.jpg
    pil.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 148
Dave,
you shouldn't have posted your Queen surplus. I am short of Queen, somehow nothing made its way into my collection.
We should dicker about that. Yanno, the Blaupunkt/Fostex parcel :)

Dave and Peter,
Another matter, i have observed "A is better than B" statements without the obligatory IMO tag on it here, more than once. I am feeling tense about that.

When i opened this music board, this was one of the things robbing my sleep: will members start comparative ranking and scratch opponent's eyes out on next strike? Because i have observed such on other forum boards.

Now i find i myself feel offended by
Originally posted by fdegrove Uriah Heep on the other hand,ah, much better than Peep Durple:D
For my taste, nothing i know from Uriah Heep is coming near to the Deep Purple "Made in Japan" stuff. But that's only my taste, i never would dare to make such a general statement and i am quite pissed, reading it.

All,
Hmmmm, my 1st rock album was probably something from StatusQuo, i do not even remember the name. My whole school class listened to it, it was required to be into Status Quo to be socially acceptable.
They wore off fast for me. I listened to Rock when being together with people listneing Rock but when i left those groups, the music left me.

Later, i began to selectively look for Rock albums suiting my taste; did not find many. I would name two albums being my 1st Rock albums as a conscious Rock listener:

one from Jimi Hendrix, with "Little Wing" and "Red House" on it and also "The Queen", a fancy version :D..of the British National Anthem ...
the other one is "Live Cream Vol.2" with Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker.

Both albums do not wear off for me up to today. I regularly listen to them. And since then, i buy anything from The Cream and from Jimi Hendrix i can lay my hands on.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
dice45 said:
you shouldn't have posted your Queen surplus. I am short of Queen, somehow nothing made its way into my collection.
We should dicker about that. Yanno, the Blaupunkt/Fostex parcel :)

Good thing i've been procrastinating on that package. Any i have 2 of you are welcome to for the cost of postage. Of course i'll keep the better one myself :D I probably have double the number in the picture ... have to go looking.

dave

Dear Mr Planet 10. I've been seeking decent copies of Night at the Opera, Jazz, The Works, Sheer Heart Attack and to a lesser extent Innuendo, Miracle and Kind of Magic for a while now.
(of course postage to Australia is a paint in the butt) Are they up for offers?

On the original topic, my first purchases coincided with a student exchange to Germany in 88/89.

I came home with Floyd "The Wall", INXS "Kick", ACDC "Back in Black", Die Aerzte "Nach uns Das Sinnflut (live)", Toten Hosen "Bis Zum Bitteren Ende (live)" and Toten Hosen "Ein Keines Bischen Horrorshau". Thanks to Deiter (my exchange host) for my next birthday I had Zappa's "Joes Garage" on my wants list. (Even more amazingly my folks came through with the goods!)

It was alll downhill from there in more ways than one. While in Merry Deutschland I got dragged though a coup-e of hifi stores on a buying mission for Deiter's dad and at the time would have sworn that I couldn't pick the difference between totally different systems, let alone differing cables, catridges, turntables, amps etc. This hifi thingy is a learned skill you know. Of course from the first time you hear yourself talking about a recording you know well and say;
"Wow, I never heard THAT before." you're done for.

Of course the other downhill apsect came in two letters

CD

My vinyl sat unloved for all the 90's and it was only this year that I turned back to the dark (plastic) side.

"You can take my tunrtable when you prise it out of my cold dead hands!"

Drew

(All donations to a redeemed and repentant vinyl ignorer gratefully appreciated)

If anybody is interested in used vinyl, Partsconnxion went into record business recently:;)

>FOR SALE
AUDIOPHILE Record Collection
pcX is selling a private collection of over 800 vinyl LPs...most in mint condition...many still sealed !

This collections consists of a vast array of CLASSICAL, JAZZ, NEW AGE, SOUNDTRACK, ROCK/POP and AUDIOPHILE records...catalogued by genre, label....and then alphabetized.

Labels include Mercury, RCA, London, Decca, EMI, Lyrita, Opus 3, Columbia, Propius, Mobile Fidelity, Sheffield Labs, Reference Recordings, Chesky, Telarc, etc...

For a complete index and listing of all the LPs in this collection, please visit our website at http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/records.html NOTE: Remember to scroll along the tab bar at the bottom of the page to see detialed information per sub-category.

The seller will be taking bids on single LPs, a portion of the collection OR, the entire lot...and has committed to respond to each bidder within 48 hours. Please contact us at info@partsconnexion.com to place your bid. Thank you.
<

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
DrewP said:
Dear Mr Planet 10. I've been seeking decent copies of Night at the Opera, Jazz, The Works, Sheer Heart Attack and to a lesser extent Innuendo, Miracle and Kind of Magic for a while now.
(of course postage to Australia is a paint in the butt) Are they up for offers?

I'll give Dice 1st crack, but yes, the offer is open. I've been scooping up old boxes of records at 0-50 cents each in the hopes of skimming off the top 10%. If i can find a good home for the good dups i'm happy.

Zappa's "Joes Garage"

A beauty...

dave

Peter Daniel said:

Dave and Peter,
Another matter, i have observed "A is better than B" statements without the obligatory IMO tag on it here, more than once. I am feeling tense about that.

Dice, we'll keep our eyes on not tolerant offenders.;)

Dave and Peter,
I was quite serious about that point.
Could become rule#6:
Music board:
Comparative ranking with the IMO tag is ticklish and not recommended.
Comparative ranking without the IMO tag is considered to be equivalent to name calling.

I found back to a Beethoven board i once left. On of the members there, in fact the main deer, does comparative ranking all the time which is quite an embarrassment and a deterioation of the discussions IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.