My first rock album.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
That's when my mother turned me on to Creedence Clearwater

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I thought was the only one...... My mother gave me "Cosmos Factory" for Christmas in 1974!

Put a candle in the window,
'cause I feel I've got to move.
Though I'm going, going,
I'll be comin' home soon,
Fred

Attachments

• 06012002ccused.jpg
    06012002ccused.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 257
This was mine, I really loved that album, but its party worn as is most my vinyl.One day ill buy a turntable.
In actual fact I was 13 and never heard of him. I had an older freind who was deciding what music was cool and I needed to own:D They were the days of punk and new wave for me. Another album I really liked was the members "solitary confinement" Very cool, band and not so well known for some reason, anyone here know them?

Attachments

• iggy_pop_-_new_values-front.jpg
    iggy_pop_-_new_values-front.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 244
"Turn that thing down!"

I was 16 I think, and laying in bed on a school day pretending to be sick. Mum (we don't have moms here BTW) was going out shopping and wanted to know if there was anything she could get for me. Opportunity! Brought back this most raucous Slade Alive LP. Made that 13 watt per channel Playmaster 136 and Plessey 10" C100's & Philips dome tweeters in 2.5 cu ft bass reflex boxes (me and dad built in 1973) fairly hammer. She still reminds me of the day when she caught me sitting on the floor in the corner with both speakers facing in toward me, each touching an adjacent wall and separated by only enough room to poke my legs out, and a picnic table across the top of the speakers above my head to keep the sound in. I had live concert sound levels going there.:) you could really feel the drum beats on your chest. she still reminds me of it 27 years later. :rolleyes: BTW, I can ony hear to 9.5 kHz now. :bawling:

Attachments

• slade_alivef.jpg
    slade_alivef.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 238
Re: That's when my mother turned me on to Creedence Clearwater

Fred Dieckmann said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I thought was the only one...... My mother gave me "Cosmos Factory" for Christmas in 1974!

My mother went into the record store: I want something popular... My sister got this LP, the really first one with electric guitars on it.

peranders said:

BoneyM was really bad taste when I grew up but I kind of liked them.

I think most people liked them, but couldn't admit it.;) I still find myself listening to them from time to time. I think it's still way better than current pop crap. My other favourites from that era were Smokies, Rubettes, Mud, Gary Glitter, Amanda Lear, Suzie Quatro and of course Abba.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.