My first rock album.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BTW, the first rock albums I bought were : (can't figure out the order):

Iron Maiden: Killers (re-issue with a bonus CD)
Metallica: Master of puppets
Nirvana: Nevermind

Oh, I forgot to mention that long before that my father had an old DUAL (the german members know this old HiFi- brand) turntable and some records. He was spinning Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Jethro Tull etc. I was already exposed to it at the age of ~5 years (Thank god!).

My first rock album, given to me by my uncle.

Attachments

• ittot-bag.jpg
    ittot-bag.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 214
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I feel so young here, being born in 1980...

My first rock album was the Van Halen LP "1984", given to me by my dad when I was a young kid. This is the first music that I remember listening to as a kid. I remember my parents yelling at me for playing the record loud and jumping on the floor to the song "jump".

--
Brian

Attachments

• 1984.jpg
    1984.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 206
Back in 1984

I remember when I first got 1984. Had some buddies over while me parents were out. The music was so loud that I didn't hear my parents walk in. They weren't as pissed about how loud the music was as they were about seeing a friend rolling a joint on their table.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
SACD

Hello,

I still hold my breath on the SACD format and the CD-Ps.

Currently the proportion of vinyls versus cd in my collection is still

1 cd versus 500 vinyl records.

CD has gotten better over the years but all in all at current vinyl versus cd prices I would still not hesitate one second to invest in vinyl.

Call me a dinosaur.;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: SACD

fdegrove said:
CD has gotten better over the years but all in all at current vinyl versus cd prices I would still not hesitate one second to invest in vinyl.

Yesterday at the Pacific NorthWest DIY geek fest we were using Patricia Barber on CD & on Vinyl as demo material. The vinyl just killed the CD, so i'm with you Frank -- i'll happily spend $40 CAD for a piece of 180 g vinyl, i would hesitate to buy the same thing on CD for a 1/4th the price.

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
HEATING UP PART II

Hi,

Off topic as it is already,I don't think it is the media as such but rather timing and phase problems with the players and recording chain.

I often find myself turning away from digital recordings/remastering jobs put on vinyl as well.

Occasionally I've heard a very good DAC and when talking to the designers they all seemed to confirm this.

Ah well,if you can have a listen to vinyl at it's best you realize how close it can come to the real thing given the right equipment.

Ciao,;)

Yes - Fragile, Close To The Edge

Saved up my lunch money and bought both at the same time somewhere back in late '72 or early '73.

Played on my first real homemade speakers, Two Olson 12 inch triaxial speakers per cabinet!
Garrard table w/ Pickering cartridge
Restored Bell 6060 intergrated toob amp! :D

Wayne

Attachments

• frag_edge.jpg
    frag_edge.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.