• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amp PCB Group Buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The boards has just arrived ;)
Just took some really quick pics, as I'm still at work...

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 402
Lynx pcb

Hi Jan, the boards do look excellent and I am looking forward to building the amp. Just a thought; there are obviously many types of components that could be used to build your amp, some cheaper than others and some quite expensive. Do you have a definitive list of components that you would use personally if you wanted to build your amp to the highest possible specification without due regard to the cost. I for one would love to know unless it is asking to much. I hope you take some time out to relax after all your hard work on this group buy, Enjoy. Cheers Jan. Best wishes Jerryo.

From my experience:
The first Lynx I made was about 3 years ago. And it still works in the studio for sound monitoring.
From my experience:
The main thing is to use OA "OPA627";
I tried some other, cheaper types of OA's, but they worked normally only when voltage was below +-46V. In some cases I got oscillations. With OPA627 no problem from the very first start it works properly and sounds amazing!!!
By the way I should say, that sound with OPA627 is incredible, for all proposes. I mean this amp I tried not only for listening of music, but for bass guitar amplifier it was such great improvement, that our bass player was shocked as well as we ļ.

jerryo;
If I had chosen to prepare the pcb for the best possible components, I think it would have been twice as big....
It's a poor mans Solid Rock Amp.......
But I will make some comments in the Quick Assembly Guide soon ;)

dudaindc;
You got mail ;)

vytas;
Yes oscillation can happen, however mainly if the zener resistors has to big value for the zener type used. There are also very big difference between Iz and other parameters. One time I used two no name zeners from the same reel, and one worked fine with a 2K resistor, while the other first regulated correctly when zener resistor was changed to 1K3......
I measured the circuit afterwards, and couldn't measure any difference in Current/Voltage in VAS stage with no DC feedback cap inserted. Changed the Zener and went back to 2K and everything worked fine ;)
BTW: Glad you are still happy with the LYNX :)

Hi Jan + datter!

My 4 PCB's arrived today and look amazing. Now I "just" have to purchase components.

BTW, are you planning on building your PSU-card yourself? I'm asking since I'm very pleased with the looks of the amp-card, if you are going to let manufacture psu-cards as well. If so, can I purchase 4 pcs from you? We could make it a "Send prepaid jiffy envelope + money"-thing. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.