• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amp PCB Group Buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
chalo said:
If I build it with 60 VDC supply rails, can I use 63V filter caps?...
:bigeyes: :bigeyes:
No, unless you want to hurt yourself.
At least, 80V.
With raw supplies, I use to multiply with 1.414 (sqr(2))... That give me a good margin.
Only with regulated supplies, like +/-15V I use 16V caps... I know here I'm risking a little, but 63V to 60V rails... is a lot more risky.
My 2 cents...

Chalo

Use 75 volt rated electro caps for 60 volt rails to allow for mains voltage variance and also to not overstress the caps so they will last longer. Caps of this size make an aweful mess when they let go.

Also I would use at least 30,000uF per rail for an amp driving 4 ohm speakers, more if it is a class A amp.

Regards

Gary..

Hi all,

As Ed has been so kind to tell me, I have made a mistake in my last email "LYNX Group Buy - Last Notice"

This has been a hell, and I have received and answered more that 400 eamils regarding this group buy since it ended......
I did some shortcuts like "copy and paste" from earlier mails to save time.

My apologies to those who was affected

Status

Missing replies from three buyers (total of 12 PCB's).
They have been emailed.
If they have not replied within March 5th, their PCB's will be offered to others...........

Have not yet received payment from five buyers (total of 19 boards), but have received information that payment is under way.

Delivery of the PCB's will delayed at least one week due to "slow" payment.

Thanks for understanding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.