Looking for a good CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Massimo,

With ;) ;) ;) ;) I mean, If WADIA can,..... So can We!
I had 4 players with a defect laserunit (the owner told me after he/she took the player frome the repair shop)Afterward, I'v noticed that the flexible (Brown/orange, colour) pcb was broken!
So, IMHO I'ts not always the transport laser but the flex pcb. Tihs is what I'v had a few times.

What do you mean with KSSxx ? Is that a laser unit?

Thanks!
AF.
P.S. I'v learned a lot by trying to do the impossibel. And by listening to other guys like you! Thanks in advance!!

tbla said:
the teac vrds 25x in standard trim sounds baaaad.....! but if you modify it the way you mentioned, it is a different animal.
it will sound even better if you get some schottkys in the powersupply too, and the regulators really sucks +++etc.:bulb:

I wouldn't agree with you.When I bought it it was very decent sounding for it's price range.In fact it was very close to some players at twice the price.Of course as a transport it excelled even in standard form sounding not much different than hi-end transports at three times thr price.With the tweaks it can sound even better . Main problem is the DAC. However if you have balanced pre the bal out sounds significantly better.

Audiofanatic said:
Hi,

The CD-80 use a CDM-1 the best on IMHO.
The CD-60 use a CDM-4 the seccond best.
THe CD-72 use a CDM-4 MKII also 2nd best.
The CD-4000 use a CDM-12.x ?????? also OK!

The TEAC VRDS-7 Use the same transport as the VRDS T1 transport.

All together tremendus players, I had them all.
I now use (after selling my Wadia 8 transport) The TEAC VRDS 25X which I'll modify within a few weeks with the new KWAK Clock-7 and the IV output like the PASS D1 post DAC Amp! The VRDS 25X use the same transport as the Wadia top player 270.

Gr.

AF.;)
so what isn't good as a transport ? ;)

The Marantz CD72 series really need an upgraded clock in my experience :att'n:
Please note the CDM4 transport can be at the end of its life (mine did about 8 years).
Having modified the CD72-SE and CD72-MKII many years ago I would suggest buying an el cheapo Philips CD753 in stead.
This player with simple mods will sound better than the Marantz CD72-SE with Euro200 worth of mods (that's what I spent :bawling: ).
Or get the Philips CD713/23 which can sound pretty good with the right mods like low jitter clock and a common base discrete output stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.