• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Class-D Design said:

Secondly every amplifier we send out gets thoroughly hand checked before they leave us. The first batch of modules (which is the ones you have) were hand made, however the second batch will be machine made except for the through-hole components.

I work in electronics assembly, and that soldering is the worst I've seen coming from a business!

it doesn't meant ANY standards, its messy, there's no through hole fill, and as far as I can see, some of the component leads haven't even been soldered!!!

if this is the quality that your inspectors let through, then you should send your inspectors back to work in China!

hell! I've seen better PCB assembly come out of China than what you're trying to sell!

edit: one of the pads appears to have been lifted (accidents happen) but its been replaced with a larger pad, possibly glued down, and not even soldered! (I'm referring to the PCB on the left, the electrolytic capacitor to the left of the PCB)

Hey Justblair,
Do you not see the damage to this company's reputation that this can and has caused?

Reading the "winners" thread it "appears" that no modules were sent out. This paints the company as a shower of charlatans. I for one (and I'm sure others here) felt negative towards Class-D as a result. You could have at least clarified your position in the "winners" thread and said that you had not made up your mind rather than leave the impression that the company had not provided you with a module.

The whole point of the ploy of giving away 10 free modules was to provide the DIYA community with feedback on how they sounded.

I'm sure others here would have been happy to have won & provide some feedback

The picture looks much worse than it is - looks like it was taken with the flash close to the camera and pointed forward which will make it look pretty bad. :D

The things I can see is that the flux wasn't cleaned off after hand soldering and that the leads of the output transistors haven't got the holes full of solder.

The remaining flux would be OK if no-clean flux was used which is less corrosive.

The output transistors are probably hand soldered from the top side of the board. Could have used a little more solder there maybe.

Impossible to say anything about the capacitor leads with all that flash glare and overexposure around the leads. Could be good but might as well be catastrophically bad :)

jkeny said:
Hey Justblair,
Do you not see the damage to this company's reputation that this can and has caused?

Reading the "winners" thread it "appears" that no modules were sent out. This paints the company as a shower of charlatans. I for one (and I'm sure others here) felt negative towards Class-D as a result. You could have at least clarified your position in the "winners" thread and said that you had not made up your mind rather than leave the impression that the company had not provided you with a module.

The whole point of the ploy of giving away 10 free modules was to provide the DIYA community with feedback on how they sounded.

I'm sure others here would have been happy to have won & provide some feedback

I did not type a lot, but yet you chose not to read what I said?

Now you are making assumptions as to why I had not chosen choosing to ignore the fact that I stated the company has not been in touch with me. I never said that making my mind up was the issue here.

Whats more, I never passed comment on the fact that I had not been supplied a module, you made your own mind up on that as well.

This is the last I will speak to you on the topic. Your accusations are pretty petty and frankly pathetic.

Now if Mike from Class D wishes to get in touch with me to tell me how to proceed, then please feel free to do so through the forum maiil.

Jkenny. You really need to work on your attitude. I dont recall being treated with such contempt by any other members here. Nor hopefully have I treated anyone else similarly. Now kindly, please leave me alone. I asked once...

Sure, duda: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128916&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

As you will see the thread was started by Mike Soppelsa from Class-D to answer some criticisms that the company & it's products were subject to. A fair answer to the criticism - to let the products be evaluated. In my time on this forum it's the first and only such giveaway I remember.

I agree, Glt, - there seems to be a knee jerk reaction going on here to criticise and as you & I have said nobody has listened to or evaluated any of the modules that were offered for free.

I don't know what's going on here but I think their prices are excellent & should be applauded. If the modules could be evaluated for sonics then maybe we could have some measure of exactly the value that they represent? I'm no apologist for the company but I would like to see them get a fair hearing & evaluation

Apparently, Mike phoned my Mother this morning and sounded "Angry." I was not in at the time. I do not wish to phone him back if he wishes to take this tone with his customers and their family members. I want my money back, and therefore do not wish to get angry with him.

I will take some more pictures of the front and back of the module - without flash. (A bit difficult as I do not have a pro photography set-up)

Will report back.....

justblair said:

Now if Mike from Class D wishes to get in touch with me to tell me how to proceed, then please feel free to do so through the forum maiil.

Jeez, man choose your module & contact them with your decision - do you have to be spoon fed?

Now if you have/had done that already & they haven't got back to you then that's a different matter.

Sorry, If I'm a bit tetchy - don't mean to be

jkeny said:
These are the self-declared winners of the modules:
danieljw
justblair
udailey
toaster
si jopie0382
pocoyo
gmilitano

The other 3 did not declare themselves. Did any of you guys get your modules?

I picked my module in October 2008 and was told it was out of stock but would ship as soon as it was in stock. Nothing yet.

Last I heard from danieljw and udailey was that they had not received anything either.

Here is a link to the original thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128916

udailey said:
Yep, never got mine either. Guess I am a 'weiner.'
I think the negativity is over the top. But negativity is warranted where lying is involved.
Those pictures... ridiuculous. I worked in PCB assembly house. Thats awful soldering and component placement has no professionalism to it.
Uriah

Considering the boards are hand assembled and soldered I they they are pretty good really. Have you tried doing SMD by hand?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.