• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lateral Mosfet Amplifers 250W - 2000W RMS Power Amplifier modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The soldering doesn't look that bad, not perfect by a long stretch but remember the holes are through plated.

At the end of the day you received the modules which I assume are working and quite quickly really. I don't think you can involve PayPal just yet. If you search on here Mike from class-d has put his phone number up.

Have you actually listed to these modules yet? They may be quite good, don't dismiss them just because you read some crap about them on here.

col said:
This is what I decided to go on instead of the lame "Class-D" stuff:

http://minirig.org.au/2009/02/14/minirig-connexelectronics-tripath-ta3020/

Amp was very cost effective, very well built module and sounds excellent! :)

col.

I've actually plumped for the TA3020 module as well, a new project is in the pipeline!

richie00boy said:
The soldering doesn't look that bad, not perfect by a long stretch but remember the holes are through plated.

At the end of the day you received the modules which I assume are working and quite quickly really. I don't think you can involve PayPal just yet. If you search on here Mike from class-d has put his phone number up.

Have you actually listed to these modules yet? They may be quite good, don't dismiss them just because you read some crap about them on here.

I haven't tested them yet - I don't want to put any new solder on the boards because I would like to return them. I'll ring Mike on Monday. I just think it's a bit strange that emails have not been responded to.

I think I over-reacted slightly re.the solder joints.

data_lore said:
Still no Communication :( I've sent emails to:

louise@class-d.com
sales@class-d.com

as well as, initially, their web contact form on the day of Purchase (5th February) to cancel

So beware if you are thinking about buying anything from class-d.com because it looks like I have lost £96 (Oh, I recieved a couple of badly soldered amp modules a couple of days ago, see below)

amp_modules_low.jpg

High Resolution Image:

http://www.data-designs.net/gfx/amp_modules_high.jpg

What should I do? Start a Paypal Claim?

Richard,

There has obviously been a slight miss understanding going on here. Your amplifier modules were dispatched to you on the day of order, before we got any emails.

Secondly every amplifier we send out gets thoroughly hand checked before they leave us. The first batch of modules (which is the ones you have) were hand made, however the second batch will be machine made except for the through-hole components.

We have no issue in giving you a refund if you can get the amplifier modules back to us. Our address is clearly stated on the website. If you have any other enquires it would be a lot better to give us a ring. My number is 07980 600 373 and you can contact me any time.

Regards,

Mike.

col said:
what happened with all those "Class-D" free modules that got given away, surely one of the receiving folks wrote a review?

col.

Col,

All the free class-d modules were sent out about 2 weeks after the competition closed. Anyone that did not receive them should get in touch with us using the number above and we will chase it up for you.

Regards,

Sam.

col said:
This is what I decided to go on instead of the lame "Class-D" stuff:

http://minirig.org.au/2009/02/14/minirig-connexelectronics-tripath-ta3020/

Amp was very cost effective, very well built module and sounds excellent! :)

col.

As regards 'lame Class-D Stuff', Class-D is still trading effectively and expanding and Tripath no longer trade and are in liquidation last year for $28m.

I can also assure you that our modules are superior to Tripath from a sound quality point of view and more user friendly, ie do not need elaborate filters & complicated circuitry.

If you have any queries about any of our products, please ring me on 07980 600 373 and I will be happy to discuss with you.

Regards,

Mike.

Class-D Design said:

Richard,

There has obviously been a slight miss understanding going on here. Your amplifier modules were dispatched to you on the day of order, before we got any emails.

Secondly every amplifier we send out gets thoroughly hand checked before they leave us. The first batch of modules (which is the ones you have) were hand made, however the second batch will be machine made except for the through-hole components.

We have no issue in giving you a refund if you can get the amplifier modules back to us. Our address is clearly stated on the website. If you have any other enquires it would be a lot better to give us a ring. My number is 07980 600 373 and you can contact me any time.

Regards,

Mike.

Many thanks for getting in touch Mike - I'll send the modules back to you tomorrow.

Regards, Richard.

Hey Mike,
That's great news - you know I'm a supporter of your offerings - I've always said that we need reasonably priced, local & good quality amplifier modules without having to import questionable quality kit from China, far East.

All the free class-d modules were sent out about 2 weeks after the competition closed. Anyone that did not receive them should get in touch with us using the number above and we will chase it up for you. Regards, Sam.

Come on all you DIYA guys that won these modules:

d***1million@hotmail.com
g***itano@yahoo.ca
i***@readresearch.co.uk
j***ry_widjaja@yahoo.com
***@savagetoaster.com
***jopie0382@yahoo.com
***w1@att.net
***l@justblair.co.uk
***er.v1@btconnect.com
***iley@gmail.com

- where are the reports about these modules? Did you guys get them? Did nobody think of posting a review or even the fact that they received a module?

We await your news!

dudaindc said:
Mike Soppelsa

I hope you are still following this thread.
I have received your initial e-mail and wrote you twice regarding potential opportunities you may be interested.
However, I got no replies and assumed that my messages may be in your junk mail by mistake.

I look forward to receiving the samples for evaluation.

Best regards,

LS

Bump!
Hello Class-D - nice to see you back here.
I will re-send my messages and maybe we can do some "bidness"... :D
Just FYI, I have not received the samples Mike intended to send me.
Also, any news on the SMPS you guys are working on?
Thanks!

I entered the competition but unfortunately didn't win. Otherwise I would have had a review in my website quick smart.

My comment about Class-D being lame was more to do with their slack communication not the actual amp modules. I have no idea what they are like as no one has done a review yet.

col.

My point, Col & due to the lack of reviews & no further postings on the "winners" thread I assumed that nobody had received the module "they selected". It now appears that at least one "winner" has not chosen their module!!!!!!!

As is usually said in these circumstances "Either S**T or get off the pot"

Edit: Oh, BTW, I emailed all those named above whose profile would accept emails - to update the status of their modules - justblair is the first to reply

jkeny said:
Oh, so you just haven't picked the module you want, eh?

Why don't you bequeath your gift to me - I'll choose one quickly & give some feedback?

Edit: is this the same story with the rest of "winners", I wonder?

jkeny said:

As is usually said in these circumstances "Either S**T or get off the pot"

Not enjoying the tone here. As I said, everything went quiet and the company has not contacted me. If you don't like my answer then mind your own in future!

For the rest of the winners, I would advise you not to respond to this person, there is no excuse for rudeness.

JKenny, please dont contact me again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.