Jfet Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jupiterjune said:

(no I didn't expect you to build it choky! Didn't I see you with some Krell clone PCB's?)

JJ

yup;
KSA100 pcbs-present from my friend AR.......I'll build it just because I can,not because I need it ;)

This circuit, I think, is more like an Aleph "J"P -- I am not sure if the aleph P also has lower distortion with more source resistance -- maybe one of the gurus out there can confirm.

not that I'm guru........just not too much modest student .....with more source degeneration - local feedback is greater,so also distortion is decreased ; where is sweet spot ? that's really matter of compromise -what you need -greater OLG or lesser already small distortion....ratio between OLG and CLG or local feedback and overall feedback......for my ears -too much of both aren't good

If you are going to use this with an Aleph 30, you might take a look at increasing the source resistance to reduce the gain. (I am assuming you are using this with a CD player not vinyl).

I already build X-CSCCSWHATEVER BOSOZ,in fact -Chokyfied salvaged pair of KK's pcbs far Balanced BOZ or what it really was.........that was a favor to little less xperienced friend who spent a little fortune on parts and thing just didn't work........
now he is a happy camper ;

this (jfet) iteration I'll not use for anything ;
I'll make toob susy to compare with my-for now - reference WOT preamp........I have some other intention with tiny jfets,besides Babelfish thingies

we'll see for vinyl; I have plenty of TTs,so I'll certainly make not just one new phono preamp;LR EQ tube one is a must,all other can be just for fun

The BOSOZ has lower distortion with reduced gain (if you reduce the gain by adding source resistance, that is.)

I wrote already.......depending on taste ; no free lunch

Anyway, if your CD player is putting out 2 volts, I think you only need about 6dB of gain (if that) to get full output from the Aleph 30. I may have to dig up my tutorial sheet on dB calculations.

depending what speakers are,..........and-what if someone want to use line stage like this for FW4? :devilr:
my spks are almost sensitive as good mic........:clown:

The fact that you have balanced sources is a benefit. I saw some problems with unbalanced to balanced conversion with the BOSOZ. But then, this is not really a BOSOZ.

problems can be only if you didn't match impedances .........

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
that's for babo

pretty tired now-I'll double check it tomorrow
if someone see something funny-just say so.........

Attachments

• for babo.jpg
    for babo.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,409
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Zen Mod said:
pretty tired now

I know you are tired.
Babo singles (2SK370) not really to be matched as there are
the caps blocking dc to ouside world. The matching is always
preferable tho . . .

I'm sending you some of 2SK370 as a small gift pakage. Try them.
JJ is complaining you not building any.

JJ, I have learned many different things in this place,
I'm just trying to return part of them.
I always have weekend, and I'm going out for beers, cigars and
live music -- Blues, Jazz, Salsa . . . when Papa spends time in
the kitchen ^^.
Papa! life is short, enjoy too! ^^.

:darkside:

I was thinking about deleting input caps and makin' it with negative rail. One more change, can CCS be LED referenced? By the way, I'd increase the input resistor to 10-20 K and feedback one to 47K

Choky, can you help with a schematic, I am not good at drawing...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.