Jfet Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FLG

Thanks for the insights--I will check out the UGS thead. I have a lot of unanswered questions about j-fets. Even re-reading the articles doesn't clearly answer them all, so I am going to do what I should have done before I built the cascoded BZLS. I'm going to mess around with j-fets on the bench, find a bunch more reference material, and get the answers!

JJ

Hi,
dw8083: Have you actually built this circuit? If so what did you think about it? How did it sound?

I have another question: Could this be used as a frontend for poweramp? ie. we just add a power buffer to it.

While i was simulation the circuit i increased R2 and R4 to 22k and of course i got much more gain, which i think is needed if you add a buffer after it. What values do you think is resonable for R2 and R4 without affecting the "X" factor to much?

I also connected R2 and R4 after the output cap.

Thanks,

Kari

Thx ZenMod!
Your schematic located here looks like exactly what i was looking for.
attachment.php

I have planned to use OnSemi ThermalTrak devices for the powerbuffer.

Cheers :drink:

/Kari

Yes:) . An other good reason to try this circuit. I have listened to it only a couple of hours. But it sounds good, maybe not so edgy in the top end as the boz. More pleasant for the ears in the long run. 6k8 on the input resistors gave (almost) the gain I need. Maybe I try 4k7 later.;)

Thanks for your support!
iwahn

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
iwahn said:
Yes:) . An other good reason to try this circuit. I have listened to it only a couple of hours. But it sounds good, maybe not so edgy in the top end as the boz. More pleasant for the ears in the long run. 6k8 on the input resistors gave (almost) the gain I need. Maybe I try 4k7 later.;)

Thanks for your support!
iwahn

with 4k7 you'll be closer to jfet saturation............clipping- if you wish......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
iwahn said:

Ok, I understand. I think 6k8 gives enough gain, both for me...and my neightbours:D

Iwahn

for my knowledge - you're the first who make that variant, at least in these few threads........
try it with most decent PSU you can make and you'll be rewarded........

you can even try shunt variant from Pumpkin thread , at least for + reg.... negative one is little less important in this case.

give us more listening (and measuring ) impressions when you can.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.