It must be a conspiracy!/venting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Face your fears!

Brett said:
.... don't want it seen .....
A big bird with long neck that cannot fly, but runs very fast
is called ostrich, or emu in australia. In swedish "struts".

It is a joke that it puts his head under the sand,
when a danger is coming.
When it can not see the danger, it will think there
is no danger.
But that is no good way to face a danger.
At least the danger will not be less than before.

Let's Kick it up a notch! I say we stop the corruption at it's feet,Lets stop there corrupt mod's if we don't we won't be able to say anything anymore without it being censord or what not i mean come on charging someone with giving false information even if they dind't know?! and besides i do not think that if someones info is not right it should not constitute being suspened or banned.

banning for wrong information

lets make an experiment.

I feel absolutely free to make a definition. After making the definition i declare it is true for me.

1+1:=3

If banning for posting "false information" is normal here, the mods must react now. They must ban me for posting this (what would be very ridiculous), or accept this false information for them shelfes. (whats not much less ridiculous).

for all european members this posting ends here. For the others i´m not sure at the moment so i say as a comment: >> This is not to take serious by words! It´s a european way to express someone should think more before acting! <<

(personally i think most not european ones will understand this right, but if i read newspaper the last lets say one year, i know not all. The world is getting way of mad this days, and infected diyaudio too)

No, till

till said:
Ken, i´m not native english speaker. I´m german with little knowledge in latin, spanish and you know how much english. I admit the most communication i do in english language is in this board.

Made i anything wrong? Has the word another meaning than i intended?

It was meant as a high complement of your ability in English.

I suspected only from the fact that you were in Germany that you might not be a native English speaker.

Your use of English is much better than many native English speakers in the US:D

Ken

Re: banning for wrong information

till said:
1+1:=3

If banning for posting "false information" is normal here, the mods must react now. They must ban me for posting this.

Actually 11 in binary is equal to 3 in decimal. So no ban for you!

till,

Chill out. People are being sin-binned and banned for being rude and obnoxious, not for being wrong. If you want to be rude and obnoxious then you to can be banned.

Never forget that we are guests here are Jason's party. If any of us get too far out of line then Jason (or the individuals he has deputised to act for him) are fully within their rights to show us the door. Don't like it, there are lots of other places to go. I guess you could ask for your money back, but in case you haven't noticed YOU AREN'T PAYING FOR THIS. We aren't your parents and we don't have to put with you if make more trouble than you are worth.

If things keep going as ugly as they have been the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason pulling the plug on us all. Moderators are an attempt to avoid that. Get the picture?

Phil

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: from someone in Germany

Ken L said:
Till - are you a native English speaker??

I used to read a good bit. Not many I have to look up to be sure of. Maybe it's just one I haven't seen - but I had to look it up to be sure -

Hey Ken,

Here's from the dictionary:

Main Entry: po·lem·ic
Pronunciation: p&-'le-mik
Function: noun
Etymology: French polémique, from Middle French, from polemique controversial, from Greek polemikos warlike, hostile, from polemos war; perhaps akin to Greek pelemizein to shake, Old English ealfelo baleful
Date: 1638
1 a : an aggressive attack on or refutation of the opinions or principles of another b : the art or practice of disputation or controversy -- usually used in plural but sing. or plural in constr.
2 : an aggressive controversialist : DISPUTANT
- po·lem·i·cist /-'le-m&-sist/ noun

All the mainland Europeans had it together, but when the English got hold of it in 1638, they twisted it around to something unrecognizable.:warped: I’m not sure it should be called English.:D

Rodd Yamashita

I had already looked it up

I had never heard it in use before.

I also guessed accurately at the nature of it from it's spelling and usage.

What I wasn't sure of, was whether or not it was actually a word:D

And it's not only a word, it's a _great_ word.

In addition, it's more socially acceptable than a__hole;)

I believe my wife will prefer my using that because she hates my use of the other :D, which I probably use all too frequently when I encounter one of these _polemic_ people <big grin>

Now the hard part will be to avoid using it in the phrase -

"he's a polemic a__hole" <even bigger grin>

Ken

planet10 said:
Enuff venting. Back to DIY please.

dave :cop:
(moderator hat on)
No.
Resolve the issue at hand, and restore Frank's account and remove his ban. You have no right to take this position, as we are discussing freely the way the board is run.

Recall I was not in favour of moderation at all, and have been justifiably critical of the enequities seen here due to some of the abysmal moderation decisions. This recent example is simply the worst, and has brought up issues the normally less vocal members even feel need to voice upon.

By this statement you are also in contravention of your own rules.

<b>FORUM RULES

1) No personal attacks or bullying. If you disagree with what someone is saying, then present a mature and intelligent case to prove otherwise.</b>

By putting on your "moderator hat" and telling us not to discuss something fundamental to the running of the board (and the MEMBERS <i>are</i> the board), you have used your power to try to intimidate members, from having a free and equitable discussion. No rules have been broken, that I can see, and I am presenting a very strong case for a decision that was quite clearly highly biassed and wrong.

Moderator, ban thyself.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: I had already looked it up

Ken L said:
And it's not only a word, it's a _great_ word.

In addition, it's more socially acceptable than a__hole;)

I believe my wife will prefer my using that because she hates my use of the other :D, which I probably use all too frequently when I encounter one of these _polemic_ people <big grin>

Now the hard part will be to avoid using it in the phrase -

"he's a polemic a__hole" <even bigger grin>

Ken
That sound like a plan Ken, but I don’t know if I’d want throw that word around too much in the local watering hole. You just might find someone who is a little too polemic.:headshot:

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME!!:eek:
Rodd Yamashita

PS: what happened to my font???:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.