It must be a conspiracy!/venting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now what does that mean????

Bob,
It means that KenL is even more conservative than I am, and that he wants to be a moderator.

"I have learned stuff that I wouldn't learn in any classes at school."

Brian
You better close up the garage, send all you friends home and start reading some of your books, it all in there ( unlsess you're majoring in pol-sci). Alteratively you should go to a different school.

IMHO when a moderator is engaged in a particular thread as a user should not allowed to change hat if himself is in dispute.
When a private warning or cooling e-mail send for a dispute between two users should copy to both users the same time so that two users both know that moderator has intervened. Is that how you spell interven? Jason we need spell check function! :D

Regards,
Chris

'Venting'

OK, I may be banned here but I Must expresses my outrage.

#1 Planet10 I think your closing the thread about fedgrove was wrong,It was a heated discussion about the way this board works, There were no nasty nor direct comments made to any other members, there were no swear words throughout the entire thread, the members of this forum were merely having a good opinion swap. I think that the thread should have been left alone because if these members don't have a place to vent and if they don't the rage is gonna build until they are either banned or just leave due to corrupt moderators.

#2 Please refer to the following:

FORUM RULES

1) No personal attacks or bullying. If you disagree with what someone is saying, then present a mature and intelligent case to prove otherwise. Malicious intent will not be tolerated. What you do over private email is one thing, what you do on our forum is another.

2) No offensive language. Sure, most of us use four letter words in normal conversation without too much thinking, but this forum is about thinking. Words are the clothes in which thought is dressed. And luckily, these threads are cheap (pun intended) so please choose language that reflects the quality of your ideas.

The two rules that apply to the thread in question as posted by Jason at the top of every forum, Both of witch were followed.

And I'll quote "Everyone in agreement say aye"

And Remember what Violent J Says: At that house of wonders your the freak show.

What is the need of the users, should always be respected

What is the need of the users, should always be respected.
And the wellfare of those carrying out a difficult task
of keeping the place nice and welcoming
should be the concern of anyone that wants
DIYaudio to maintain its good function and reputation.

There are enough of forums in the wide world web
that makes people feel bad in one way or another.
A moderation without any possibility to enforce consecquence
is no moderation worth the name.

We wish is was possible to raise children without use of violence.
And that can be done. Yes, it can, with some effort.
But to raise children in a responsible way,
without raising your voice, when this is called for
is surely just wishful thinking.

Ken, i´m not native english speaker. I´m german with little knowledge in latin, spanish and you know how much english. I admit the most communication i do in english language is in this board.

Made i anything wrong? Has the word another meaning than i intended?

CryingDragon said:
if you really thought it was good you would have left it they way it was i mean come on tagged on the end of a 5 page thread? who's gonna see it here?
They really don't want it seen, as that way they may have to really justify and account for their actions. Which at this point I can only see are misguided (with the best intentions but still wrong) and perhaps a bit gutless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.