• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release

I just ask a question. Is it closed source? Answer the question! It is very important to know whether someone can expect support after the developer disappears. Locky disappeared and with him ALL support for his closed source project. No way to fix bugs, improve things etc. since the firmware is closed source! Answer the question…

P.s. Looks like to me that you want to get rid of your investment ruin, sitting on useless PCBs and kits from him…

Last edited:
Um, Why should I Answer to you? Do I owe you?
I have no obligation to answer to your ridiculous question, especially the man who don't know the word "please", or "manner".
Don't Hijack the thread, again, PLEASE.
It's not our business to know what you want to know, and show us your evidence that Locky_Z disappeared, otherwise it's just rumors.
Are you invited or asked to fix or worry about things of the project by ANYONE? NO.
SO WHY and WHAT are you concerning about? Narcissistic who think he is important.

P.s. Looks like to me that you want to get rid of your investment ruin, sitting on useless PCBs and kits from him…

No, I don't have invested any on this, another SMEAR again. Dirty accusation without evidence, pathetic.
P.S. Looks like your interests are blocked and affected due to so many tracers project while you have spent lots of money to develop, well, what a pity.
Don't cry, it will be all OK.

I repeat my request, can you please share your information with us. Has the firmware source released or is it still closed source?

I PMd Locky a while ago and ask him about a kit and he never came back to me. I was willing to pay him for the source code and made it public! This is the information I have…

Last edited:
:cop:
Commenting on or responding to a Moderator’s directive is against forum rules. Offending posts removed.

Badgering is also frowned upon.

Before anyone else posts in this thread you are asked to read the rules to refresh your memories. From this point on there are no more warnings. We will be issuing infractions without further explanation.

Thank you.

Has anyone ever thought of a LockyZ clone?
Schematics are available.
The firmware is not available.

Here’s a similar project with everything included you need to rebuild it: http://diy.ucborgmann.de/index.php/en/audio-messtechnik-2/characteristic-curve-recorder

And here’s a project which is really flexible in terms of power supply:
https://www.elektormagazine.com/lab...emiconductor-curve-tracer#/comments/labs/1527
It was originally for tube testing but has been extended to support all kind of semiconductors. I made some modifications and posted everything you need to rebuild. It also has LTSpice model of the PSU so someone can change the design for all kind of voltages and currents, just depending on the size of the transformer.
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...n-a-new-tubetester.384309/page-2#post-6987173

Then you have mbrennwas PyPSU
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...grammable-power-supplies.344199/#post-5950321

And last but not least the stuff from the MIT guys which is a oscilloscope interface with potential!
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/diy-curve-tracer-analog.379436/page-3#post-7207350
I am in the process to write a —offline— frontend for it in the mo. Together with a e.g. Rigol Osci you’ll be able to record your curves for further investigation.

Reactions: 1 user
It is still available for selling privately; and there are spare PCBs in the kits, I have about maybe 10+ empty PCBs of LockyZ's tracer, since I bought many LockyZ's tracer for friends in my community. Are you talking about hardware clone?
This is what I know now, just for your information.
Are still available PCBs for the LockyZ curve tracer design?
Do you sell the PCB only? How much?
A programmed microcontroller is also available?

Reactions: 1 user
But why you guys need bare PCB? there's no MCU chip on it.(…)
Because people want to be in control about the components put on the boards not ending up with cheap clones or fakes. This is especially important in a precise measurement device or a project where the firmware is closed source. What happens when a component dies? Your investment becomes garbage. And that the MCU isn’t sold separately is another issue. You always have to replace the whole kit.

Because people want to be in control about the components put on the boards not ending up with cheap clones or fakes. This is especially important in a precise measurement device or a project where the firmware is closed source. What happens when a component dies? Your investment becomes garbage. And that the MCU isn’t sold separately is another issue. You always have to replace the whole kit.
Which is NOT your business, Mr.Meddling&fake-rumor-maker.

But why you guys need bare PCB? there's no MCU chip on it.
Are you going to desolder the MCU from original one and resolder it on the new one?
and Locky_Z shipped 1 bare PCB per package, you guys don't receive it?
Thanks - i have the original board with few issues - so i am going to try this PCB. I also feel you are doing fine with the posting as I do not want soldering thousands of SMD parts because it is Open Source ( meaning you got to figure out Linux versions/your PC hardware plus code!)
kannan

Thanks - i have the original board with few issues - so i am going to try this PCB. I also feel you are doing fine with the posting as I do not want soldering thousands of SMD parts because it is Open Source ( meaning you got to figure out Linux versions/your PC hardware plus code!)
kannan
Raspi, Arduino are Open Source and you do not need to solder a single piece and thousands of software examples are available. I am sure if CT would be Open Source we would Setup a batch production for populated boards. Because it is closed we can’t and even if we would re- engineer the PCB we don’t have the MCU FW and THIS is the real issue!

Give me the MCU FW source a good photo of both sides of the PCB and I volunteer to do it WITHOUT extra fee!

Last edited:
Raspi, Arduino are Open Source and you do not need to solder a single piece and thousands of software examples are available. I am sure if CT would be Open Source we would Setup a batch production for populated boards. Because it is closed we can’t and even if we would re- engineer the PCB we don’t have the MCU FW and THIS is the real issue!

Give me the MCU FW source a good photo of both sides of the PCB and I volunteer to do it WITHOUT extra fee!
Thanks - you are doing Excellent work on the other thread and that is going to benefit other DIY members here. One option here is taking the ADC output for designing control as there is enough for an Electronic designer to re engineer the circuit Locky-Z used. I understand the work will be both hardware and software. Locky-Z wants to protect it and its his choice and criticizing keeping Hardware control program is not justified. If he is not supporting his customer to help them rectify MCU, there is justification. So please forget talking about getting open source program for Locky-Z Tracer and I have Tek 576/571 and HP 4541B to play with - all of them are working fine. Real attraction is simple PC software to get the data including curves as a file and the kit as a bundle is very very economical. you cannot ignore the Locky-Z' popularity.
Kannan