• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release

Nice project!
How difficult is to make a diy programmable power supply?;)

How about this: JT-RD6006 - Joy-IT

What do you mean? GUI? Hardware?

I have no specific plans, but I am open for suggestions. In am not always a fan of "shiny GUIs", and I don't think I'd personally need one in this case. I will not waste any time with developing hardware, as there are already so many good options out there. Two off-the-shelf PSUs and a simple computer (like Raspeberry Pi) is all you need ;)

However, please let's not pollute Lockys thread here. Use this thread to discuss the PyPSU curve tracer.

The hardware circuit is public and uses common components, if the fireware is also copied casually, the inventor's rights will not be protected.
Therefore, this fireware is not intended for public download.
I see... then my post for building the thing is moot. I understand the problems of selling directly on Ebay (seems like Chinese individuals do not use it?), but in this case why don't you use an establisged vendor on Ebay that can handle for a little fee the sale? Your intellectual rights are still protected, and you can still sell eventually just the programmed chip or chip plus PCB boards.

Hello Locky,
I need your support regarding the software. I measured around 50 NPN BJTs (hfe vs. Ic) and saved the data in a *.cuv file. Later on I tried to load the saved curves and got to error message shown below. Browsing to some old measurements and loading them failed as well. I use software V3.5(Script). Could you please help me with this.

Thanks and BR Uwe

Attachments

• error_message.png
    error_message.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 78
...if I delete the line with the value it will error out for the next value and so on. To me it seems to be a bug in the software.
I had a similar issue with another software package on Windows, where the software mixed up the decimal separator between a dot "." and the separator configured in the Windows Format Settings (in my case it was set to a comma). What is the separator setting on your Windows machine?

In English as well as in China, the decimal point is used as '.'. Curve tracer software converts floating point numbers to text and saves them in cuv files using '.' .
but in some regions the decimal point is ','. So when reading these words in those windows and converting them to floating point numbers, the symbol '.' will not be interpreted as a floating point decimal point. and report xx.xxxx not a float number.

Hi Guys.. I have the Locky ICTracer purchased in 2020 (#091) and all seems to be well except for one thing.... So it connects fine, identifies devices in XYZ etc.. I've followed the calibration procedures and all seems well. When I come to curve tracing, the step "load templates" (which used to be 'load conditons') opens a dialog box with nothing - no text at all in the select box. I am running ICT ver 3.6.0 international June 2021. Where are the templates ?

Hi Guys.. I have the Locky ICTracer purchased in 2020 (#091) and all seems to be well except for one thing.... So it connects fine, identifies devices in XYZ etc.. I've followed the calibration procedures and all seems well. When I come to curve tracing, the step "load templates" (which used to be 'load conditons') opens a dialog box with nothing - no text at all in the select box. I am running ICT ver 3.6.0 international June 2021. Where are the templates ?
The templates filename is “ads7871_v3s.pre”, It must same name with the execute file .
Example: If the execute file name is 'ict36.exe', the program will load the parameter from 'ict36.ini' file and load the templates from 'ict36.pre'.

Last edited:
The templates filename is “ads7871_v3s.pre”, It must same name with the execute file .
Example: If the execute file name is 'ict36.exe', the program will load the parameter from 'ict36.ini' file and load the templates from 'ict36.pre'.
Hi Locky... that's great thank you.. I'll try that.. One other thing... I want to test some power Darlingtons (2SD2560 and 2SB1647) to test if they are fakes, as this is a big problem for audio engineers. Do you think the ICT is capable of pushing the device hard enough to tell if it has a smaller die size and therefore is fake ?

Hi Locky... that's great thank you.. I'll try that.. One other thing... I want to test some power Darlingtons (2SD2560 and 2SB1647) to test if they are fakes, as this is a big problem for audio engineers. Do you think the ICT is capable of pushing the device hard enough to tell if it has a smaller die size and therefore is fake ?
Can‘t test it is fake or not.