• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Intelligent Curve Tracer 3.0 release

After a long time I want to use my curve tracer 3.0. For this purpose I use a very old laptop. However this works very very slow. This causes a lot of frustration and I don't find it workable anymore. So this raises the question below:

The used PL2303HX USB to serial IC is not compatible with Windows 11. Is there still a possibility to get the curve tracer running under Windows 11? For e.q. a specific driver that works? Or can the old PL2303HX be replaced by a newer version which is compatible with Windows 11.

Here it runs under ( Win7 and probably Win10 ) under VMware under Linux Mint.
I asume Linux can be replaced by any modern Windows. VMware passes the
USB ports through and there is no speed loss. The no cost VMware version
(player) is good enough. I keep my CAD programs also on virtual machines.
Saved me more than once when Altium etc acted up. I just take a fresh copy
from an external 5 Tb hard disk. A VM is just a somewhat large directory there,
size is mostly what you think you need for c: . User data does not belong onto c:

regards, Gerhard.

Lisoformio and Gerhard, thank you for your reply. Setting up a VM might be a good solution. However I prefer a easier solution if possible. While trying new and old PL2303 drivers and a lot of searching on the web I found the solution. My curve tracer works now under Windows 11. The solution is using version 3.3 of the Profilic driver as described here:

https://embeddedarea.com/the-famous-old-driver-of-pl2303-usb/

Reactions: 1 user
Here is one picture from the shop...

- several things are contradictory to me on the site...

Attachments

• shop.png
    shop.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 137
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I bought a total of three units from LockyZ and am delighted with them. It's regrettable that they seem not to be in production any more, but that's normal. I'll continue to use my (old) LockyZ just like I continue to use my other pieces of (old) test gear from GenRad, Keithley, Tektronix, Hewlett Packard, Lambda, et al. Regrettable that they're out of production, but not paralyzing.

Has anyone ever thought of a LockyZ clone?
Schematics are available.
It is still available for selling privately; and there are spare PCBs in the kits, I have about maybe 10+ empty PCBs of LockyZ's tracer, since I bought many LockyZ's tracer for friends in my community. Are you talking about hardware clone?
This is what I know now, just for your information.

Last edited:
It is still available for selling privately; and there are spare PCBs in the kits, I have about maybe 10+ empty PCBs of LockyZ's tracer, since I bought many LockyZ's tracer for friends in my community. Are you talking about hardware clone?
This is what I know now, just for your information.
Isn’t the control software (firmware) closed source? Or did he release the source code?
If not, why the heck would I buy something I can’t maintain?

Isn’t the control software (firmware) closed source? Or did he release the source code?
If not, why the heck would I buy something I can’t maintain?
Are you forced to? Then Don't buy it!
Nobody cares You f_ng own decision.

DON'T Hijack the thread as your egocentric notebook, as you did usually!
Why are you talking about your NON-Locky_Z under Locky_Z's tracer thread?
Are you important? Are your opinions important to people here?

In case of SMEAR, I have no any including but not limited to financial relationship, personal relationship to Locky_Z and his all related projects and/or design, just like Dr. Borgmann. I HAVE NO any conflict of interest with Locky_Z and Dr. Borgmann.