I would like to see what we can do to help Zen Mod attend Burning Amp 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Generally yes, but birds and other gentle creatures tend to quickly dissappear, scared to the state of panic when they find themselves in ZM's vicinity, so I suppose they won't be a problem for the air traffic... :rofl:

OK, no problem.
I can't think of any other issues, you should be fine zenmod.

Oh, just one more thing, during pre-flight checks the engineer is meant to take a fuel sample to check it for water and other contaminants.
You might want to ask the pilot if it has been done. Don't trust the flight attendants, you have to ask the pilot directly.

Best wishes
Hope you have a great time at the festival.

donations

To all,

I just sent all of you an email or p.m. with the paypal address. If I missed you, I apologize. Please p.m. myself or AR2 and we will p.m. the address to you. I don't have a total yet, however, AR2 will post a list of the donors and the grand total on the B.A. website.

We've had a great amount of support for this: Nelson Pass and AR2 donated $200 each.

Thank you very much and let's keep the thread going and get more donations.

ggetzoff

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The food issue is still up in the air (like ZM)

While the new site is much better for our needs, and is a bargain for the improvements, it not only costs a lot more, but they also have very strict rules about food and beer and wine. We WILL have beer and wine - that's required for decent audio reproduction (and a helper towards human reproduction often!)

The food may not be cooked on a fire at all if they make it too hard.. We are planning to have food though, and there is a restaurant and deli 100 feet (30m) away!
Lot of other restaurants within a short walk also.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The food issue is still up in the air (like ZM)

The food may not be cooked on a fire at all if they make it too hard..

This is good - ZM can leave heavy greasy rock at home and that will leave him a weight allowance so he can load up on various parts at fest. How to get them back into ZM land without customs tariff? Hmmmmm.... declare as used or broken? Bake them into a cake? Swallow them? Break out the petroleum jelly? :eek:

I suggest that you keep ZM away from USA beer. USA beer is not worth spit for Euro's :drink:

Buuuuuuut da vino in SF Bay area are outstanding - and Papa can recommend good ones!! :D

BTW - how is the collection going?

Hello, here is the latest and greatest!

I had a chance to speak with Choky over the weekend. We both concluded that it is not realistic to plan on him coming this year. The main obstacle, in my mind, would be getting U.S. visa, which could take some time. Even though we would be trill to see him this year, I think it is better to give him enough time to prepare. Otherwise he would be really rushed, so we decided to avoid that. Just to recall, "the value of the sword is not that it fall, but rather, that it hangs" so BAF 2011 it is!

In the meantime we are going forward with this great idea that Greg started. On his request, I will be the one to collect funds, inform you of the status and purchase tickets. I have already received some funds, please see my paypal screen shot attached bellow for the balance. My wife will today contact travel agency that we normally use to fly back home, and that in my experience gives the best rates. Now here are few issues. We do not know when we are going to host the next BAF. The best ticket prices are if we have a set dates. So I will need to guesstimate:

Next BAF falls on my birthday October 22? :D:D:D Choky arrives on October 20th and leaves on October 30th? I would strongly advise to have a trip based on one stop, because otherwise his flight might last over 20 hours instead of 12 - 14. The price I expect to be a little bit higher from what was posted earlier (maybe not), but not for much (posted price did not have taxes and fees included, as far as I recall) I will have my wife speak with the Agency today, and once I have full info I will post here. On the total received amount in my paypal, please always add $ 200 that I mentioned to participate in order to get correct status where we stand with collected funds. One note - unfortunately paypal deducts 4%, that is why the number is not even. Lastly my paypal address is vs2001(fill here you know what)comcast.net

Thank you all
AR2 - Vladimir

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 11.27.59 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 11.27.59 AM.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 222
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
now is my turn to blush again

:rofl: :bawling: :blush:

this way - maybe we can force Magura to Burn again , and also Jaccovitty will have 'nuff time to arrive with his U-boat .

so , than we can sell half of my ticket , and buy enough liquid to spend entire trip back to olde shore drunk as :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: ......... here and there looking at that Papadillippy list and saluting to next name ...

( maybe we'll have enough time to learn Whale language )

:cheers:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.