Hi-End and Hi-Efficency loudspeakers (horn + onken)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
inertial said:

Wow, very beautiful schematic Andrea! :)
Excerpt I do not like 5842 . Does the D3A sound "similar" to 5842?
In my last pre phono I am using C3G and in the previous the D3A.
These are Siemens tubes very different from 5842 or russian tubes like 6C45 and 6H30.
The 5842 have a big musicality but is too much microphonic and not very neutral.
D3A and C3G are near to Mullard and Jan Philips sound.

yup! :)
I am not sure what you mean with "distortion" but in general you can be sure that the sound of a Magico Mini ( just for example) driven by 845 will be more similar to top headphone than 100dB speaker........ :D:
what you mean ?

"I know..." do you have listened Mangers ? What models ?
OR are you referring to common sense read in forums ? Excuse my stupid question, no offense intended.
:confused:
I have read only some article about but never ear.

Cheers,
Paolo

audiodesign said:
In my last pre phono I am using C3G and in the previous the D3A.
These are Siemens tubes very different from 5842 or russian tubes like 6C45 and 6H30.
The 5842 have a big musicality but is too much microphonic and not very neutral.
D3A and C3G are near to Mullard and Jan Philips sound.[/B]

Oh, thanks.
Thus this D3A and C3G are interesting tubes. Good to know.
I like "hot",sweet , not-microphonics tubes :D

what you mean ?[/B]

Exerpt the Summa by Geddes that I do not have listened at it, all the others "horns" I know are IMO very different from a good headphones like Shennaiser OTL driven or Stax or others..
In my experience , a Magico Mini is very close to a headphones and so a MSW too.
Make your comparisions and judge yourself.......

I have read only some article about but never ear.[/B]

I suggest to listen a pair of SWING + subsonice OR the little 109.
Can't subtract yourself to this listening experience.........

Cheers,
Paolo

audiodesign said:
news about the woofer selection:
http://www.audiodesignguide.com/HiEff/HiEff.html

---------

Hi Andrea ,

keep in consideration that those Celestion Graphic frequency response
is a 2pistr condition. ;)
Thus I suggest to apply "the Edge" software and see how much BSL you have to subtract.
To my eyes approximatively you can obtain a net (maybe) 93-94 dB ( 4 pi str) it depands of the "shape" you decide.

Cheers,
Paolo

I have received zero valid contributions from this Forum so I have decided to stop to give answer here.

The Celestion woofer should arrive soon so now I am searching a valid source for the box and after I will start the filter.

To follow my project see update on my webpage.

In any case thank you to all

audiodesign said:
I have received zero valid contributions from this Forum so I have decided to stop to give answer here.

This is very uneducated.
Dr. Geddes ( for example) has given to you some "suggestions" . Others has searched to " help" too.
Is this zero valid contributions? :xeye:

To follow my project see update on my webpage. [/B]

As you prefer

In any case thank you to all [/B]

Sarcastic here ?
:confused:

97db

Attachments

• ftr15-3070cpl1a.png
    ftr15-3070cpl1a.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 831
Andrea,

I like yokes, but you have to understand that this is "loudspeaker" section, not amplifiers or digital.........

So maybe a bit of kindness would be appreciated.

If you think do not "understand" , maybe is possible you have still something to "learn" ( here), expecially from people like Dr. Geddes ,eh ? :angel:

Hi,
Cheers,
Paolo

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
From all the careful work you have done with finding a woofer and making comparisons(on some specs), I really dont understand your choise
Sure, its on sale on Ebay, and obviously an expired model
But you have been aiming fore the best woofer
I think its really very little to save, considering all the work you have ahead of you still
You said you wanted very low mms, yet still good bass
I dont doubt it a good PA woofer, but considering that you will use it up in the midrange it wouldnt be my choise, not even close

Not the most positive response
But I still dont understand that you disregarded the FaitalPro so easily
You live in Italy and should have no problem to get a fair price

Are you really mr Ciuffoli
You sound very young and unexperienced to me
We have experienced that several famely members use the same account
My appology if I am totally wrong :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.