hello, how about this booster for amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
another view

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 672
How about learning some higher tech?

Considering that yours is a mobile application, where lowest power consumption, low weight and small size are desirable features, I would do some research on things such as class G, H and D and push-pull SMPS if I was you. For example, I'm currently designing a custom 2 x 150W@4ohm class D amplifier for motorbike audio. It's going to be small for easy installation and it's going to waste very little power into heat to allow playing loud music without overloading the electrical system.

Audio frequency transformers are bulky and heavy, they distort subs and trebble, and they use lots of copper which is a semi-precious metal whose price increases every day (that's probably due to te huge amounts of copper wasted in stone-age applications like low frequency transformers and old-school electrical systems in vehicles and buildings :bawling: )

Eva said:
How about learning some higher tech?

Considering that yours is a mobile application, where lowest power consumption, low weight and small size are desirable features, I would do some research on things such as class G, H and D and push-pull SMPS if I was you.

hi eva,
i agree with you & were completely aware of that (post#55,71 & 73),in fact i personally go for class h..:angel:
but this low-tech scheme is the topic here..:)

thanks for your comments!!!:D :D :D

"in fact i personally go for class h.."

Since you said you were using 36V from batteries, you have a 12V, 24V, and 36V tier available. Refering to the diagram in #46, all you need do is add a couple of diodes at 45C and 46C, tie them together and use that for the level shift zener to drive the switch circuit for the high voltage tier.

You can have the high efficiency without the inverter, and with a DVC woofer you don't need the output transformer either.

It is used now a days, because was the simplest way, the cheapest way...

to increase power... a very low cost sittuation.

The cheap automobile amplifiers are using this kind of schematic even now a days when we have Class D units with 4000 watts of output.

Distorts a lot...... but if you listen music into the automobile...well.... quality is not really what they want (HERE!)... they want some punch only..... and they use to spin around the town avenues producing their Thump, Thump, Thump!

hehehehe.... sometimes used to guitars.... well..guitars already have distorters.... this makes the music seems to have more "body" as some folks say.... distortion from guitar plus distortions from amplifier produces a beautifull mess.... and that's all they want.

They are on the mood..want to show themselves, if they can paint body with yellow and tie a rope around the neck holding a big wattermellow to be "VERY VISIBLE"...then they do!

Those guys are spending little money and producing strong and loud sound... and that is what they want (HERE, down here, in Brazil, South America)

Sometimes, speakers are associated and resulted into 0.25 ohms....ahahahahah!

I felt them a little bit ridiculous...but they feel i am ridiculous and they are special, great, famous, popular and beautifull "Show man"

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.