hello, how about this booster for amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone,

denver maybe you should consider building first a low power amp something like 30W or 45W. A 100W amplifier would require a +/-50V or more. And a simple cold solder, component mismatch, ocillations, hum due to poor grounding technique could wreck your amp. Learning electronics should be done in steps. And yes the parts for amps are still available. I'll try digging some simple amp schem for you. Its around 45W and doesn't need to be calibrated. good day everyone.

regards,
audiomachines

an214 and audio booster

Hi, guys, nice to see you here, I still remember that AN214 and audio booster, happen to be one of my 1st project in school, I copy the KP500 diagram and tone control and design my own PCB ( doesnt look good though hehehe) Now my still building some amp, but i like powerfull one, My friend here has a mobile sound system and we managed to built one power amp which he use as main amp, Now im building QUASI amp . oh about 2n3055 and MJ2955 , I think i remeber how to convert the circuit , if I can help please mail me.. I live here in Cavite.

joel

( I like very loud music):smash:

AN 214 amplifier

Hello to all,

I read one of the post about
AN 214 IC amplifier.As a beginner i would like to
assemble this amplifier.I will use this project as
room amplifier.I like request for aschematic diagram
and pcb layout.it would be a good start for me...

Thank karte ph18

Click the link below my post for link to bootstrapped amp, capable of 50W into 8 ohms, and 100W into 4ohms...

I had some problems with mine due to fake output transistors..., but the components are general ones like tip41 & 2 , bd139, etc...

VERY good sound even with my fake parts.... if only they wouldn't blow up....
very low component cost, but heatsinks and transformers were a bit more expensive than say a gainclone... I can see that a 100W into8 ohm amp should cost quite a bit more, when these 2 components are considered...

are we talkin' about these:

Attachments

• booster1.jpg
    booster1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,109
Re: Ahahaha...fine toy to us!...good to construct..without any hopes...only to be

destroyer X said:

Kidding with transformers...i know they sound nice at low power levels...not deep bass..and distorted trebles...but.... over a bike, in a noise street.... may be excelent!

Depending the sittuation...i think we will apreciate.

regards,

Carlos

i built a lot of these in the late 80's......

the ones with japanese pnp to3 germanium power transistors sounded best all around to my recollection.

despite having no gNFB these amps can really produce chest pounding bass, although the highs are a bit harsh, but there are set-ups that really rock!!

It should be pointed out that in a battery powered system for a bike that has no on board electrical system, the battery polarity is totally arbitrary.

You can hook the + pole of the battery to ground and then run NPN transistors with their cases direct to the chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.