Geared wheel for Phillips CD850-MK2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Geared Wheel

axt said:
Epos- the geared wheel photo you posted 3-9-2007

Can you please help me get one- It looks just right for my otherwise perfect Marantz CD42. Marantz are no help.

Shape and measurements look identical, except the one in the photo has all its teeth.

according to online info, Marantz CD42 should be using CDM4 mechanism. check previous post for attached picture for a rough guide. when you confirm its CDM4, pls email me for details:

epos(a)mail.com
replace (a) with @

btw, anyone know what mechanism is "Theta Data Basic" using? from what i find out, it should be using CDM9 but the buyer claim its CDM4. pls help her/him or me. :)

That geared wheel again!

Hello!
I'm new to forums (fora?) in general and this one in particular, but came upon you while looking for information on repairing the CD drawer mechanism on My Marantz CD 52 Mk 2. My gear has also stripped its teeth and I was just about to try making one up from bits'n bobs until I came upon Epos's posts and pictures of the very bit I need. So - very shamelessly, could Epos possibly be so kind as to contact me with a view to obtaining two of the gear/pulleys? two - because I've just bought (but not yet received)- a second machine from Ebay; I'm assuming and hoping that the gear/pulley will be OK, but intend to replace it in both machines for safety's sake. So - Epos- please could you contact me at 'johnashton7949@hotmail.com' if you can get me two of the gear/pulleys - I can pay you on Paypal if you prefer it; I would be so grateful - I hate scrapping good kit - cars, computers, Hi-fi, anything really, for the sake of a part which probably cost pennies to make - but perhaps I'm old-fashioned!
J.A.

Re: That geared wheel again!

joydivision said:
epos, I've sent you an email. Just hope that shop isn't out of stock yet...

Hi, please check email, will let you know by this weekend.

peugeotman0 said:
Hello!
I'm new to forums (fora?) in general and this one in particular, but came upon you while looking for information on repairing the CD drawer mechanism on My Marantz CD 52 Mk 2. My gear has also stripped its teeth and I was just about to try making one up from bits'n bobs until I came upon Epos's posts and pictures of the very bit I need. So - very shamelessly, could Epos possibly be so kind as to contact me with a view to obtaining two of the gear/pulleys? two - because I've just bought (but not yet received)- a second machine from Ebay; I'm assuming and hoping that the gear/pulley will be OK, but intend to replace it in both machines for safety's sake. So - Epos- please could you contact me at 'johnashton7949@hotmail.com' if you can get me two of the gear/pulleys - I can pay you on Paypal if you prefer it; I would be so grateful - I hate scrapping good kit - cars, computers, Hi-fi, anything really, for the sake of a part which probably cost pennies to make - but perhaps I'm old-fashioned!
J.A.

Hi,

please email me to confirm your interest. my email had already been mentioned a few time.

epos(a)mail.com

replace (a) with @, my least effort to prevent junk mail.

kbillmann said:
Hello Epos are those gears that you have still available?
Thanks

Hi kbillmann, no email/reply from you, i suppose you aren't interested anymore.

Marantz geared wheels again

Just posting my heartfelt thanks to the forum in general, and Epos in particular, for solving the problem in my CD52 Mk2; Epos very kindly obtained and sent two of the necessary parts, which fit perfectly, and seem to be a much better item than the original brown thing; which brings me to my question; Marantz is owned by Philips, I believe, and they are a Dutch company; my CD player was manufactured in Belgium, and bought in the U.K. - so how can it be that nowhere in Europe can supply this part, but Epos in Singapore can, thank goodness? Something isn't quite right here, or is it that we are encouraged to junk anything as soon as it becomes defective, so that we'll go and buy a new one? - not very 'green' is it?
J.A.

Re: Post#67

I have a dream.
One day when I drop in a Fast Food Shop somewhere in Hong Kong, after paying for my lunch box, I will receive a Philips Geared Wheel free of charge as a promotional item (for adults only).
Or when I pay a visit to the Supermarket for ?? & ?? baby bedtime bath (shower product), another Geared wheel will be given to me at no extra cost.
So that no more trouble to locate replacement plastic parts...

Re: That geared wheel again!

peugeotman0 said:
Hello!
J.A.

Hi there everybody. Just joined the forum and see that my fellow uk CD 52 owner has exactly the same problem as me. THE DREADED KNACKERED GEAR WHEEL! Like peugeotman0 I'm having trouble locating the spare along with the band that connects it to the motor.
Seems like such a waste to dump the otherwise great machine because of this. Could epos contact me too please??
thanks in advance...!

the buyer was a pilot, didn't even bother to reply after I quote him the price. the 3 pieces are up to sale again.

I have double confirm with the shop, the CDM4 wheel is no longer available from their store. thus I would like to help as many member as possible, so one member can only order one piece. only the post from this thread would be counted, first come first serve.

one more thing, I will be having long vacation from 05 feb to 25 feb. which mean I wont be able to mail the item until then.

Funnyj2k, email me please, I will reserve one piece for you.

p.s.
B.A.V.--you know who you are--don't email me again, don't paypal me, I had enough.

ar1617 said:
hi epos
are you holidaying in M'sia over the CNY break, if so would appreciate very much if I could pick a pc of the gear from you if you are visiting KL...
TIA

Wow! you could read my mind! :eek:

Yeah, I would be back to my kampong at Muar, Johor. May or may not go to KL to jalan jalan, not decided yet.

I only have 3 pieces of CDM4 wheel left or you mean CDM9?

why not PM/email me your contact.

ar1617 said:

u got mail...

;)

I will reserve 1pc CDM4 wheel for you. email me for details.

JonHarrison said:
Hi Epos,

I emailed you on Jan 30th asking if I could purchase 2 of the CDM4 gears. If you are limiting this to 1 per person and you still have 1 available I would like to purchase it. You have my email address, please let me know.

Regards,

Jon

one piece for you.

Funnyj2k said:
Thanks for getting back Epos, I'll email you

got you email, hope you can get from the other party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize I need to keep one piece to show the shop owner for sample.

so CDM4 wheel All sold, until I can find new stock.

Dont paypal me first, will mail out the items after I come back, probably end of this month. please dont email me also, my small town have difficulty in accessing internet.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year in the world.

恭贺新禧
2008.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.