Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel more sorry for the child he is depriving of essential nourishment and protection from disease so he can feed his vanity.

I haven't actually seen this man's stuff (and I don't think I want to), but I am very interested in the idea that what counts as addiction is very much in the eye of the beholder. Everyone here can dismiss drugs and gambling as vices only affecting weaker people than 'us', and therefore worthy of legislation to regulate such 'industries'. But I can easily see how a person can become addicted to cars, speedboats and so-called high end audio, and how the dealers can exploit that addiction.

somehow, to me, this coconut business is not funny but rather depressing. the mere thought that this guy could be for real is affecting my trust in humanity.
so often, people on this forum sum up my thoughts for me...

I like the idea of accepting him as a wack job. already have a mental list of people on this forum who i just ignore when they post 'advice'... we all know who they are :)

Last edited:
I haven't actually seen this man's stuff (and I don't think I want to), but I am very interested in the idea that what counts as addiction is very much in the eye of the beholder. Everyone here can dismiss drugs and gambling as vices only affecting weaker people than 'us', and therefore worthy of legislation to regulate such 'industries'. But I can easily see how a person can become addicted to cars, speedboats and so-called high end audio, and how the dealers can exploit that addiction.

My post was regarding the link in which Patrick states that he drinks his partners breast milk in quantity to bulk up in the gym.
Not directly related to audio, just an indicator that Patrick is a (selfish) whack job in other matters too.

addiction is very much in the eye of the beholder.

Having it on with a set of cables, while undressed to briefs level, and making a video of the event, counts as fetishism in my book.
The definition of addiction is somewhat lacking, to fully cover such behaviour.

(having been addicted to e.g. playing pinball machines, dance clubbing, alcohol, hard drugs, sex as much/many, likely makes 'me' a weaker one)

Last edited:
Charles, I think you take him too seriously, he regularly posts with nonsense for the sake of a reaction, then sits back and watches the show full of people like yourself unfold.

I wasnt always so philosophical about Patrick, before he was banned at head-fi, for some time he frustrated the hell out of me until I was advised by an older member that he had been doing this for years already and that was years ago. I took a step back and I now find him quite good value on the comedy front, as I do with those who get all up tight about it, you are part of the show.

sofaspud said:
"Everyone"?
I'm not sure I've ever met anyone without an addiction, so dismissing becomes difficult.

yes, often those doing the dismissing, are dismissing their own, more publicly acceptable ones as 'real' addictions, before putting on their best judgement hat, without having a clue what they are talking about ...

haha regulation, yeah thats gone well hasnt it?

Last edited:
It might appear clear to you but you are very, very wrong.
I haven't stopped laughing since the first time I came across Patrick and Coconut Audio.
Although I am laughing AT Patrick (and his 'customers'), not WITH him.

ahh OK, so its MY taste for irony thats missing, my apologies ;)

You do not happen to observe quite a bit of somewhat identical activities at this forum, by chance, do you ?

yup ;)

occasionally I see some in the mirror, before (or sometimes after) I rationalise it

Although I am laughing AT Patrick (and his 'customers'), not WITH him.

I think they are both the same thing, I do both; he doesnt take himself at all seriously, so its kinda difficult to laugh AT him without looking a bit silly yourself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.