Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much how a lot of audio forums do business. Make waves regardless if you are right and you get the boot. Truth or reality not wanted. ;) I enjoyed the article thanks.

I do though take issue with the following: "NwAvGuy pretty much “put RMAA in it’s coffin” with his articles about how flawed it is in so many different ways."

He posted the following articles about RMAA showing that it is a very good program IF used properly

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/testing-methods.html

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/rightmark-audio-analyzer-rmaa.html

Actually there are several things I don't agree with in Kiteki's blog but he is correct about how some audio forums delete and enforce postings and opinions.

Last edited:
yeah kiteki has some of his own snakeoil going on, like rampant opamp swapping without having a clue what hes doing and not enjoying that being pointed out. also his prolific stream of consciousness multiple IEM, DAP review/rant threads with all manner of odd assertions… i'm not surprised he got the boot, he was pretty abrasive, its a commercial forum, there are fools, just like most places, deal with it; you are one of them. the fact he made 10,000 posts there in his 2 years and i'm still on a few thousand after more than 3 times that says something. banned and then continuing going back and getting banned another 4 times should tell you something too ...

I read some of the linked page, yawn...not interested, its just more of the same. I love how he alludes to being one of the clever people…

Pretty much how a lot of audio forums do business. Make waves regardless if you are right and you get the boot. Truth or reality not wanted. I enjoyed the article thanks.

not really, I post just the same way I do here, never got banned once … if you get warned, talk to the moderators reasonably, I found the ones I had contact with pretty reasonable, that clearly was not his modus operandi.

I dont spend a lot of time there these days, as it is a bit too commercially oriented for me and way too many RSA fanbois, but hey thats life, there are still some good value members, even some of the manufacturers like Justin from Headamp

Last edited:
Haha, from what I saw I think he was one of those guys which said things like "this op-amp sounds like summer fields / wintergreen", but isn't everyone blind-rolling op-amps in iBassos over there?

From the looks of it, he's unhappy he was scammed in a trade and they didn't care, banned for showing a $150 DAP can be found for $20, and so on.

If it took him 2 years to notice it's a commercial forum, maybe he's not that "clever" hahaha.

"RMAA in it's coffin" from the sounds of it he's envious he doesn't know how to use it and keeps listening to wintergreen.

Last edited:
To be fair it says in the middle somewhere "No, I’m not saying I’m clever like him".

Are you mad at him he said the JH13 sucked?

he did mention cleverness a few times, but hey thats no biggie, I just got tired, it was familiar

nope, didnt even know he said that, wouldnt care if he did, since its not an opinion I care much about... I dont generally give a toss about other peoples opinion on gear I own and have happily for years, its that sort of lame kiddy stuff bitching about brands etc that I dont like about head-fi; besides afaik hes either never tried them at all, or only tried a universal, as he never owned them and being customs… kinda hard to try them. but hey whatever, hes written huge long meandering reviews about gear I wouldnt touch with someone elses money.

not mad, but I think referencing someone known for epic rants, trolling, baiting, nonsense of all sorts and who clearly asked for trouble going back 5 times, several under fake accounts and plenty of opamp swapping in a snakeoil thread is a bit transparent, quite a juvenile act on his part to get back at them. how someone can bitch about moderators when hes clearly been a serial troublemaker is beyond me. Head-fi has its issues, like any large commercial audio forum, but making a massive rant and quoting only little snippets of his choosing and not including the juicy bits that led to banning, doesnt really hold much water.

are you him?

Last edited:
so hes just spouting nonsense to sound smart, like he has any idea at all about IEM design. with no personal experience to boot. that right there is trolling and one of the worst things about the place, yet he personifies it.

also, minor detail, JH13 are 3 ways, 3 dual drivers are used, so 6 drivers, but standard 3 way crossover, oh what a valuable opinion, worth breaking in repeatedly to give those ones, hes unstable … and full of sh1t

Although it's a forum that I won't participate in out of personal principles, I do have some sympathy for their moderators...:D

as do I, I actually had pretty decent communication with a few of them. I used to be quite regular there, still drop by reasonably regularly (every week or so), but dont participate too much in conversation these days, for some of the aforementioned reasons. but I've never been banned for simply speaking my mind, that doesnt happen. its very likely he gave some attitude in the warning PM, or ignored warnings repeatedly.

then of course after the first 1 or 2 times, its enough to just be discovered using a fake account to be banned.

I also think there is a pretty good chance that Lithium 675 is in fact him … given its a brand new account started a few days ago and we can see pretty prolific posting here already in a similar line of interest (cheap mods and digital source), along with avoiding my question of whether it was him and knowing details re me owning jh13, linking a pretty obscure blog etc. continuing the dialogue and trying to get more views of his 'review' I might be wrong, but I dont think so.

Last edited:
Ohh I can easily assume that his system sounds wonderfull - so does mine.
Are you trying to make a point? ;)

jan

No, Jan, just having a little fun. I can easily imagine many many of the systems owned by others as sounding wonderful. My stuff is always seemingly a work in progress. If I thought I could reach a stopping point by mounting a chip amp on a pine board, I would have ceased a long time ago trying to improve. My wife certainly wishes I would reach a stopping point :D

Cheers,
Terry

Nope, caucasian Australian. if i'm mistaken, my apologies, it just seemed odd details to know about me as I hadnt mentioned them and havent really been to headfi much in ages.

so I must know you by another name, even if that name isnt kiteki

plus afaik kiteki was often switching between Australia and Indonesia or Singapore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.