Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

thanhVNS said:

Thanks, could you explain exactly which you want to see then I will show you in detailes. Hope to see you soon, there are some pics FYR

:D

BR,

ThanhVNS

Sorry, I can not post multi pics in my reply.

RGDS

Attachments

• t_horn_2_579.jpg
    t_horn_2_579.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5,117
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a picture of the 3rd revision of the mFonken (milliFonken). I've not yet givem them a proper listen so i can't say yet if we achieved the goals we set for ourself with this development. Note: these have an extra piece on the bottom which changes the aspect slightly and slightly spoils the cosmetic ffect of the port placement.

dave

Attachments

• mfonken-b3-pics.jpg
    mfonken-b3-pics.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 5,364
planet10 said:
Here is a picture of the 3rd revision of the mFonken (milliFonken). I've not yet givem them a proper listen so i can't say yet if we achieved the goals we set for ourself with this development. Note: these have an extra piece on the bottom which changes the aspect slightly and slightly spoils the ecosmetic ffect of the port placement.

dave

Woah! Loks very similar to mine :)

planet10 said:
Here is a picture of the 3rd revision of the mFonken (milliFonken). I've not yet givem them a proper listen so i can't say yet if we achieved the goals we set for ourself with this development. Note: these have an extra piece on the bottom which changes the aspect slightly and slightly spoils the ecosmetic ffect of the port placement.

dave

Looks nice. What is the approx volume and tuning?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
gmilitano said:

Looks nice. What is the approx volume and tuning?

It is 4.5 litres. I never pay attention to the tuning frequency, i just make the curve look right and then make it aperiodic. By adjusting the added resistance of the port i can tune the bass (hence 3 versions so far). The 1st was a regulkar ported box just to prove to ourselves that the idea of a box this small for the FE127 wasn't crazy. Then in version 2, the port had a little too much R, this one takes the R back, the goal to get a little bit fuller bass (response goes to somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 Hz).

dave

planet10 said:
Here is a picture of the 3rd revision of the mFonken (milliFonken). I've not yet givem them a proper listen so i can't say yet if we achieved the goals we set for ourself with this development. Note: these have an extra piece on the bottom which changes the aspect slightly and slightly spoils the cosmetic ffect of the port placement.

dave

Hi, Planet 10

Very nice cabinet, I dit one long times ago but its could not produce a good Low Frequency as I described. How about your?

Regards

planet10 said:
It is 4.5 litres. I never pay attention to the tuning frequency, i just make the curve look right and then make it aperiodic. By adjusting the added resistance of the port i can tune the bass (hence 3 versions so far). The 1st was a regulkar ported box just to prove to ourselves that the idea of a box this small for the FE127 wasn't crazy. Then in version 2, the port had a little too much R, this one takes the R back, the goal to get a little bit fuller bass (response goes to somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 Hz).

Do you have impedance plot for the ported and damped enclosures?

planet10 said:

dave

thanhVNS said:

Hi, Planet 10

Very nice cabinet, I dit one long times ago but its could not produce a good Low Frequency as I described. How about your?

Regards

Yes, no real deep bass - these are really intended for small room/nearfield use (would make great 'puter monitors with class T amp), as well as part of a very portable demo unit for the capabilities of the FE127eN

In larger venues, high pass around 100-120 and powered woofers would be worth consideration.

Very nice builds in here! Much stuff to like.

I'm currently playing with a pair of Jordan VTL's. I like them a lot so far. May have to build a pair of J-Low's though somewhere early next year, if only for their sheer madness. :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.