Favourite One-Liners from Films

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Those aren't pillows!" Planes, Trains & Automobiles

"My father's name was Antonio Andolini... and this is for you!" The Godfather: Part II

"You telling me the man who try to put a rubber fist in my anus was a homosexual?" Borat

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules." The Big Lebowski

Princess Bride, perhaps?

Nope..granted it's been 15 years since the last time I saw it, but "Never Ending Story" was played so many times in my house (4 and 6 year olds) you could see light through the tape before the crumb grabbers grew tired of it. If my dried up grey matter remembers correctly, it's toward the end when the protagonist (can't remember his name..the boy Indian brave) is nursed back to health by a Troll couple (husband played by Billy Crystal).

valveitude said:
Nope..granted it's been 15 years since the last time I saw it, but "Never Ending Story" was played so many times in my house (4 and 6 year olds) you could see light through the tape before the crumb grabbers grew tired of it. If my dried up grey matter remembers correctly, it's toward the end when the protagonist (can't remember his name..the boy Indian brave) is nursed back to health by a Troll couple (husband played by Billy Crystal).

No, that's definitely Princess Bride. The "troll couple" was Miracle Max (Billy Crystal) and his wife, Valerie (Carol Kane). The protagonist was Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts (Cary Elwes).

Westley is rescued, nearly dead, from the Pit of Despair by Inigo Montoya and Fezzik (Mandy Patinkin and Andre the Giant) and taken to Miracle Max.

se

"No matter where you go... there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai

someone used a Big lebowski quote, so many great ones from that movie:
"You are entering a world of pain" - walter
"Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes.. well, the bar eats you" - narrator, sam elliot
"I'm the dude, that's what you call me. That or His Dudeness, duder, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing." - the dude
"I don't like your jerkoff name. I don't like your jerkoff face. I don't like your jerkoff behavior. And I don't like you...jerkoff. Do I make myself clear?"

Super Troopers:
"These boys get that syrup in them and they get all antsy in the pantsy"
"You boys like Mex-EE-Co?!"

valveitude said:

Steve Eddy said:
No, that's definitely Princess Bride. The "troll couple" was Miracle Max (Billy Crystal) and his wife, Valerie (Carol Kane). The protagonist was Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts (Cary Elwes).

Westley is rescued, nearly dead, from the Pit of Despair by Inigo Montoya and Fezzik (Mandy Patinkin and Andre the Giant) and taken to Miracle Max.

Not quite right to both of you. Sydney Bromley played the gnome Engywook (not sure of the spelling) in Neverending Story - he was studying the Oracle and was the one who did the "To the winch, wench" quote. Billy Crystal was the Princess Bride's Miracle Max. He did say "Get back, witch", which is not quite the same. But he also said:
"Have fun storming the castle" - which I use daily...

And "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges." is said by one of the Mexican bandidoes when they're all lining up to join Hedy Lamarr's gang.

But the most poignant, I reckon is "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Cloth Ears said:

But the most poignant, I reckon is "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Ah yes, Unforgiven. My favourite duster of all time.

All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

Ahhh, The Big Lebowski... An almost never ending source of great lines. :)

A couple more of my favourites:

"That's just like, you know, your opinion man"

"I'll suck your **** for a thousand dollars, but brad can't watch, or he has to pay a hundred"
"I'm just gonna go and find a.. cash machine..."

Also some classics in zoolander:

"Earth to Matilda, day spa, d, a, i, y, e, day spa!"

"Or did you think I didn't know what a eugoogoly was?"

Love it

Mark

Not quite right to both of you. Sydney Bromley played the gnome Engywook (not sure of the spelling) in Neverending Story - he was studying the Oracle and was the one who did the "To the winch, wench" quote.

Well there you go :D . Serves me right to rely so heavily on a fading memory . "The Princess Bride" got a fair amount of playtime as well in the 'ol homestead...musta got my gnomes and trolls mixed up..hate it when that happens :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.