Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My DX Blame ST

Internal view.

Attachments

• P5244462.JPG
    P5244462.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 1,103
Nice amp sound buster

I put a message on your video

Hehe, I finally went out and got some parts

If anyone knows a good power-supply to use with this amp please send me a PM. I was planning on using a powersupply designed by bora, but since communications and stopped, I need an alternate.

Enjoy teh picture!

Attachments

• IMG ONLINE.jpg
    IMG ONLINE.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 983
Yes, and the answer is: The transformer was scavenged from a receiver. About 26-0-26Vac. The supply board uses 6A6 diodes and about 18000uF each rail, with fuses.

Every music I heard in this Blame sounds somewhat different from other amplifiers... somewhat better... very curious... :cool:

Thank you Sound..... i am twice happy, as this Fest was made in my home town

and my people was listening.

The recording has some technical troubles, but even this way shows the quality, the clear treble that appear nice even knowing the digital camera does not register high end, nor low end too...but the result was fine.

Observe, music does not mix tone one each other...harmonic creation is not big...the amplifier is excelent and you, folks, should build to check and to be very happy with it.

Thank you very much Sound... considering you're a reserved man..not addicted to make too much and too loud noise about things (opposite to me) ... and you said was good the result, means to me was excelent....knowing you... good means excelent..this is the translation.

From now on you will be helping them to build, and i am glad you are in my group and can do it very well.

Another video, even more interesting below, despite failures, you can see the group dinamics, the shy guy that presents and some details of people with fingers in mouth in a surprised way.

YouTube - DX Blame no DIY FEST Rio - 2010

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 858
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
To evaluate recorded sounds, in special these ones captured by digital cameras

is not an easy task...you.... skilled one....that have used digital cameras that has compressor/limiter, knows the troubles.

When we have audio peaks, the camera compressor reduces the overall volume because the limiter... this almost mutes the sound.

Observe the camera sensitivity is so high that when finger touches the camera case, or when the camera hit glasses or metal rings in the camera operator fingers.... then sound is muted, and return slowly, with big delay, to the previous sensitivity, and this depends how loud is the environment sound pressure.

Observe the playing volume was high..the amplifier was pumping out full power during peaks (peak meter without hold) and average of more than half it's maximum...so...entering the clipping during peaks...but you see the clipping is not that bad..even distorting is not bad.

We have no other equipment recorded using this same camera in the same place.... if we had, we should have a reference to comparison.

Noises are captured when volume is low..environment noises..street noises, air conditioned and so on.

So...digital camera does not help..in the reality produces some "sabotage".. you, skilled guy, can filter using your experience and brain processing.... sadly, others, the ones has not that experience, that have not used several digital cameras, may not be able to "filter"..and will perceive the sonics as junk..... but because of them only...as they cannot perceive.

Audio listening, in most cases, has the brain contribution, at the end..we are a brain...and it cannot be bypassed or switched off remaining the listening department "on"...so... we have always the brain intervenction..this can helps when the guy has experience...when the man is skilled with recordings using such kind of media.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I was glad to know the RIO Audio Festival 2010 results

people have appreciated and the Dx Blame beated (as expected) almost all amplifiers... tubes and transistors ones where eated in the breakfast.

Once again, i have to thank Doctor Douglas Self... he made the input, and even the output was published by him, tested and discussed by him..the EF.

So...i have made the hard job to adjust....to me some resulted some glory and a lot of sweat and tears as i have faced the crab behavior...will explain what is this soon.

One amplifier had good sound too...could match the Dx Blame... was a chinese clone...but the protection entered.... could not face the endurance alike the Dx Blame did..also the one used another DAC..so... comparison not possible this way..the Blame played from another DAC type..this turns the comparison unfair, because the differences in DAC quality.... the blame by Sound worked hot...despite his wind tunnel used to cool down, was not enougth to 150 each channel of peak power.... his amplifier could put out 150 watts RMS by short time burst, because the 42 volts supplies... i suppose his maximum continuous power was 100 each channel or a little bit more.... so...two channels working this way..continuously pumping 200 to 300 RMS watts, produced a lot of heat..and Rio de Janeiro weather, temperature, use to be above 25..sometimes goes high touching 40 degrees.

I will search the one almost matched the Dx Blame..and will show you the picture...Sound have informed.

People felt the amplifier impressive in performance..and it really is...plays loud and you increase the volume and it pumps out unbeliavable loud music without distortion... treble is awsome, many times better than the standard amplifiers we use to listen..and bass is deeply controled and precise...voices is normal...anything special on that audio band..just fair and normal..common and standard reproduction of voices you can listen from several amplifiers.

Crab behavior have not appeared in the Rio festival, despite i know the HR forum people do not like me the same way i dislike some of them.

The behavior is when that crab tries to climb a rock, and ocean waves hitting the rock with violence...the crab figths to be fixed into the rock when climbing slowly...then another crab comes and climb into the first crab back..the excess of weigth make them dive to the bottom...this is the crab behavior..when someone is doing well..then other one try to climb in your back, to have something from your success..and this pushes you down... in humans is because envy...in crabs is pure stupidity.

ahahahahahah!:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Build a Dx Blame... thanks to Doctor Self and your Dx friend, the slave that worked as an animal and faced all crabs.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Doctor Sergio, Engineer from Brazilian Petrol Company - Petrobrás

Was the one informed..he is with me in the Dx Corporation group and also in the Orkut DIY group.

You see his pictures, stand behing a speaker using the blue jeans we love in Brazil (we love USA too)

Some other pictures will be posted too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC00501.JPG
    DSC00501.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 690
  • securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 737
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 780
A little bit more...this happened in Rio de Janeiro, my home town

and i am proud and floating happy alike a ballon in the skies...having my Ego inflated by pride (i am human..i have my bad things too).

We have Japanese too...almost 2 millions living São Paulo and Paraná state..our Japanese are different.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC00495.JPG
    DSC00495.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC00493.JPG
    DSC00493.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.