Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Soundbuster is building Dx Blame ST

attached,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• p5094351p.jpg
    p5094351p.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Try to adjust to 4.7V over the rail protective series resistances

the trimpot should be preset from 160 to 250 ohms during start up...then you adjust the stand by current turning the trimpot.

This trimpot, in the maximum resistance will provide you low bias.... reducing the resistance during adjustment, the bias will increase, and so on the stand by current.

Some folks forget to connect the fuse, and try to listen music loud having the series resistances not bypassed by the fuse...but for sure you have observed that.

Good luck.

Carlos

I just have to say: SUPERB!
Miles away from what I ever have done in whole life!
Amazing!
Thank you very very much!!!
It surpasses all the expactations.
I let bias voltage at around 4V!!!
God bless you!
I will sleep well this night!
Sorry for all the boring mails.
Till next time.
Max.

As you have a good english, i strongly suggest you to take some time

to read our forum.... at least all solid state since the beginning...you can select threads, also filter some posts searching for the best informations you may need.

Our forum has almost everything...have only to search, to read, to spend some time to learn.... and also to contribute helping folks too...offering lessons about things you know the best.

Not only the delayed insertion, offset protection, fuses to output, and much more you may find in our Solid State forum.

We have other forums all interesting things are there...we have papers, texts, schematics..all you may need...just click in foruns and they will appear to you to select the one you like.

We use to search (click search in the to rigth side of the main page) first and to make questions after that... and we use to do only when we do not find what we need...you may not have so much time to waste to do this way...but manage to go reading slowly...a little bit each day... i did it three times..whole forum, all threads, all posts, have saved all schematics and memorized what each guy means to me..their behavior, their education, their skill level.

Almost all i know came from this forum... and there are a lot more to learn..we have special folks... we need patience to go learning from them...from time to time they open their big mouthes and give us some "pearls" of knowledge.

The link below will show you something, but this forum has much more than that...here you have the best audiophiles in this planet.... the best engineers and best amplifiers, also the best moderator too... you will find better circuit than this one too:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...sertion-speaker-protector-off-set-sensor.html

" Una-se aos bons para ser um dêles " .... " join the good ones to be one of them "

Carlos

Last edited:
I've done that, my dear. In fact, I've been doing that for years, as I've told you I use to collect schematics! I've got lots from Elektor and other sources. And I also have already found valuable information in this forum too, especially from mr. Mile (apexaudio).
What I intended was to hear something from the creator!
But it is OK.
I will try for myself, as stated... "do something!".
Regards,
Max.

Very good... Apex audio is great...has lots of high technology stuff there

You have already build and enter level amplifier, now you should go to Apex and try his amplifiers too...will be a great help for him, for yourself and for the forum having people building his amplifier.

For sure, there, you will have a good support, a teacher if you need one, or someone to learn from you, to listen your valuable experiences... a good ear ready to absorb know how.... i cannot even understand your high level of know how....go to the ones can understand you better.

You already gave your valuable contribution building the Dx Blame ST amplifier, and for that i thank you very much...now may be time to go to something better in electronic sophistication.... they may need someone alike you, someone that build, a builder..and do that fast, and has deep knowledge about Mathematics and electronics...there you may evolute more and more.

Also protections to speakers, special supplies and several things you may find there.

I told forum folks the Dx Blame ST is the best wide world amplifier..of course, my world.... i could not listen or try all wide world amplifiers.... and Apex is one of them... as i could not compare, it is possible the Apex to be even better than this Dx Blame ST model you have built..time to try that promisse.... Apex for sure needs someone like you... someone that has skills, someone not lazy, that has courage to face challenges and that may push Apex thread to a higher level.

Serve yourself,... join the high tech guys to be one of them.

Carlos

Last edited:
Ideas?

Since this is going to the first amp that I have ever made, Is there any general guidelines that i should follow when building this amp. Stuff like, does tinning improve sound quality? What should the chassis be made out of? Can I do a blend of metal and wood? Any other suggestions i would love.

Does anyone know of a pre-amp that can accept a digital line in as well as an analog line in?

Thanks,
Kurtis

Be SAFE.
You will eventually be connecting to the mains.

Build up a mains bulb tester FIRST. Then keep it nearby for EVERY time you power up a new project or modify an older project. Decibel Dungeon shows the detail of building a complicated version that does many jobs. A simpler version has no switches, just an input lead from a plug top and output lead to an IEC plug, a light bulb holder and an electrically insulating box to prevent the user getting electrocuted. This box could also mount a socket outlet for equipment that is wired up with a mains plug top attached.

Build in stages. Test each stage, eg transformer alone, Then Transformer + rectifier, then.... etc.

Try to avoid steel (or any Ferrous alloy) for the chassis.
Wood and most non metals are good thermal insulators. You must consider how the heat can get out.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Kurtis, subjects like general guidelines and sound sources are what's called "off topic" in a specific amp. builders thread like this one. We try to stay on unless there's something quick and easy to deal with. The things you seek are pretty involved and better done face to face or with good manuals, I think.

Other threads and tutorials may help at this stage. Do take care of safety matters as AndrewT has said. Make sure also that others are aware of what you are doing.
Having said that, if you want to get digital and analogue in to an amp. you need a DAC, whether in or out of the preamp. There are inexpensive computer sound cards and external adaptors that do almost everything and there are kits ranging from affordable and do-able to absurdly complex and expensive. Same goes for retail product. To get both in one retail box is a matter of shopping.
read heaps instead
regards

Thanks for your help

Hi Kurtis, subjects like general guidelines and sound sources are what's called "off topic" in a specific amp. builders thread like this one. We try to stay on unless there's something quick and easy to deal with. The things you seek are pretty involved and better done face to face or with good manuals, I think.

Other threads and tutorials may help at this stage. Do take care of safety matters as AndrewT has said. Make sure also that others are aware of what you are doing.
Having said that, if you want to get digital and analogue in to an amp. you need a DAC, whether in or out of the preamp. There are inexpensive computer sound cards and external adaptors that do almost everything and there are kits ranging from affordable and do-able to absurdly complex and expensive. Same goes for retail product. To get both in one retail box is a matter of shopping.
read heaps instead
regards

I posted here because i am specifically building this amp, I thought it would be ok to ask here, if i have anymore questions i'll post them in a separate thread, Thanks for all your help
,kurtis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.