• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Before I send this off to my friend in Canada, thanks again Strosek! I wanted to try one more thing. I chatted with Andrea this morning and he said I could hook up a speaker driver to the output I/V with a 2uF cap. I assume he means a film cap. I don't have a film cap in that value but I have one that is 10uF. That should be ok right?

Let us know when its up and running!

As I dream about it coming back working I have a question regarding hi-rez music. The receiver chip is a 14 bit chip. Can it be replaced with a CS8416? Will that allow higher resolution files to be played? Or it is a fact of the Dac chip itself?

IT WORKS

Well sort of and not for long .
I switch it on led goes out ,half a second of chatter then 80% interference 20% music after about 25 sec music gets less until i can hardly hear music for interference.
I have no idea how to rectify been working on this for a week or more ,getting tired of it ! cheers

Yomanze: Have been getting the parts together for this DAC & having looked at the layout I think it is worth hardwiring the CS8412/4 loopfilter caps in a 'v' shape between pins 20 and 21. Anyone tried this?

Quanghao: You want say the layout have problem???
Thanks

Hi Quanghao,

Only just saw your reply. Extremely short lead/trace lengths are very important here. Please see the CS8416 datasheet:

"For minimum PLL jitter, return the ground end of the filter network directly to AGND." and:

"The type of capacitors used for the PLL filter can have a significant effect on receiver performance. Large
or exotic film capacitors are not necessary as their leads and the required longer circuit board traces add
undesirable inductance to the circuit."

http://www.cirrus.com/cn/pubs/proDatasheet/CS8416_F3.pdf

Although the loop filter for the CS8416 is different there's loads of great info from page 53 onwards including layout examples.

Best regards,

Neil

Last edited:
No!
Only Cs8414, you can not use Cs8412!
If you like Cs8412 you have to change cricuit folow Adionot DAC!
Thanks

Hi Quanghao, have looked at both circuits & CS8412 does appear to be pin-compatible, so it should work. Only differences I could see are use of an LED + resistor (pin 28) in the DAC ASH circuit (which I'm not using) and use of cc/f0 (pin 23) for input switching on the Audio Note DAC. Unless I am missing something?!

Last edited:
Hi Quanghao, have looked at both circuits & CS8412 does appear to be pin-compatible, so it should work. Only differences I could see are use of an LED + resistor (pin 28) in the DAC ASH circuit (which I'm not using) and use of cc/f0 (pin 23) for input switching on the Audio Note DAC. Unless I am missing something?!

please se cricuit of Audio note!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.