• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some problem with my DAC today, 30 sec after I switched on the DAC, beezing sound "dee" come out from the DAC, like the relay switch on and off quickly, but after I take out one tube(6H30pi), the relay work normal!
I've checked the voltage same as before.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all

I tried a couple of times to buy the PCB from Quanghao's www,
but it keeps saying:

"There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address!"

My address is in Denmark ... but i checked, and it said the same to a lot of other bigger countries.

Am i the only one having trouble ordering?

Some problem with my DAC today, 30 sec after I switched on the DAC, beezing sound "dee" come out from the DAC, like the relay switch on and off quickly, but after I take out one tube(6H30pi), the relay work normal!
Anyone can help me?
Thanks

Please! check voltage by lm1084, before lm1084 and after about 1.8-2V.

Hi all

I tried a couple of times to buy the PCB from Quanghao's www,
but it keeps saying:

"There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address!"

My address is in Denmark ... but i checked, and it said the same to a lot of other bigger countries.

Am i the only one having trouble ordering?

There are many wrong in the my web!
You can sent to me by e-mail: quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn
Thanks

Hi all, one question,

As on the PCB on the IV stage, some values make on the PCB is not the same as the schematic, am I follow the mark or the schematic?
e.g. R29, R30, R45, R46 PCB marked 2K, but schematic stated 220K each.

Thank you.

The Iv stage!
if you use for DAC, the R29, R30, R45, R46 = 2K
If you use the sample On Pre: R29, R30, R45, R46 = 220K!
Thanks

orderd my PCB ...

so i'm sourcing parts while i am waiting. What is the spacing between the holes for the resistors and capacitors?

(Mouser doesnt have 47 Ohm, og 220 ohm in CCF50, so i need other parts there anyway).

and BTW ... what would be candidates the best resistors for digital circuits? - the same as analog audio (shinkoh, Z102, Caddock etc.)?

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Could easily fit 1/2w resistors like PRP. If you order from Mouser, try Koa Speer 1/4 or 1/2w military series which are rated 500v and 700v respectively. I use the 1/2w ones in my T2 build. For caps, as long as you use the correct values, whatever will fit. Sanyo oscon SP are best for positions around the AD1865. Other places, Panasonic FC/FM or Elna would be perfect.

Best resistors? Definitely the TX2575s. I have 10 of them in my DAC END and all sound sublime. I really don't dig the tantalum ones. Caddock is another great option, make sure you use their top-of-the-line series, TF-USF.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks
The relay sounds as a sidewinder does. My case is the same.
because the relay shares the voltage with the filament so the voltage at relay droped under 5v (transformer underfeed it) caused the ralay hesitate to hit. Pls use a 9v/3A one for the instead.
Quanghao claimed that it's due to the voltage drop on LM1084 was not up to 1.8-2v

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.