Comments on my Aleph-X layout?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suspect it's a personal matter that has kept him away. I too have paid for a set of boards, but I'm not concerned, just hope things are ok for Kari.

I did buy some boards from him 2 months ago for an Aleph 5. He was very professional, and the boards were of good quality.

Cheers

Yep, The silence is killing me too. I'm dyin' to place an order!

I have an idea as to what may be going on here...It may be far fetched but..?

Maybe Kari has intentionally gone silent. First off: It is probably a lot of work getting things together. He needs to concentrate. Secondly: He is not subject to the badgering from everyone who missed the group buy whilst he is ignoring the forum, thereby improving his concentration. and C: He is laughing at all of us panicking:bawling: ; but will surface when the boards ship:) .

Actually, this post is just a bump.

Hope all is well,
Marc

I see only two options:
1: Kari is really ill.
2: Kari took the gold and walked away!
I can't imagine anything else:xeye:
That is the two options we have to deal with!
I don't now wich of the two I should hope for!
The third and not so realistic option is the vacation thing!!!!!
I am sure he would have told us, though!
But what the heck, Paypal has his bankaccount and I am sure
the swedish police dosn't take lightely on internet fraud!!
If that should be the case. I really hope it is not

Steen

At this point I am afraid I have to agree we need to try and contact him somehow and if he does not respond report him to the Sweedish authorities. At the least, we have given him a chance to respond to our pleas. He has collected well over $1000 USD so far and should be held accountable. If we find out that something has happened to him or encountered some sort of hardship, I think we will all understand, forgive and be patient, but at this point I believe that we deserve to know the status of our monies. If anyone can help us contact him and put this to rest please do, as this will most certainly give future group buys a permanent black eye.

I have also joined the groupbuy together with steenoe, i'd say Kari looks very serious to me, something must have happened to him, maybe someone should inform the police anyway to find out whats wrong, i can't imagine that he is dishonest, because he have used this forum as much as he has.
If he was trying to cheat i think he would be a "come and go" visiter to this forum.
Kari i hope your allright - but please give us all a sign.

There are a number of possibilities that could have happened.
So much time has passed, and no response from Kari.
Stil, Kari may turn up and everythings turns out okay.

But ervery day that Kari doesn't response, my hope of getting the boards, are getting slimmer.
I myself am assuming the worst by now. And I am already settling with the idea that I will receive no boards, and the money is lost.

I think by now, most of the people who signed up for this groupbuy, are assuming the same.

This is the first groupby I signed up for btw.
I wil be more carefull with future groupbys, that's for sure.

Kari, with all respect to your situation. The least you could do is post a reply about the current status of your situation and the groupbuy. I think we have waited long enough for this. You own well over 1000 dollar (estimated) of al the groupbuy members. So update us or refund the money. Good luck.

Perhaps if everyone contacts him, he will at last respond.

Here is his contact information:

EDIT: Deleted, please get in contact with peranders if you want Kari's address and phone number..

I wondered about posting his contact information, but I feel that he is abusing our trust. Given the nature of his family emergency, and his lack of follow-through on this project, I begin to doubt whether we will ever see PCBs OR our funds.

Hi peranders!

Wouldn´t it be possible, that you (or perhaps anyone else who´s interested) could proceed the group buy?
You´re in sweden, too and could easily get the paid money and also karis (gerber-)files ...!
He must be in a very bad situation:( ,because he wasn´t able to submit any reply, so I think taking this effort away from him would be the easiest for everyone (and much more easier than refunding all the money).
I know, sending the pcb´s later is an effort, but it´s a worse situation for everyone now!
Any further suggestions?
Best wishes to Kari!

I'm also annoyed because Kari is not responding, and I have also doubts whether we will receive our PCB's.

But the posting of his adres and telephone number is a little premature. I think it's not correct to post them for everyone to see. It would have been better to send the adres and phone number by mail at request.

This posting of adres and phone number is dangerous. Very unwanted things are possible. Ppl taking unwanted premature actions, taking right into their own hands.

Like Peranders said, wait until januari. (I don't like the waiting either). Peranders jas volunteered to be the contactperson with Kari.

Peranders, you are a moderator. Can you remove the adres and phone number from both forums?

Hi everyone,
First i want to apologize for not beeing around here and updating you about the situation.

This issue at home hit me like lightning from a clear sky. It really ********d my head. But one must do everything possible to fix it and at least for my 10monthold daughters sake.

The groupbuy is still on, however the time schedule has changed. I have received the prototype boards and i still need to do some minor adjustments to the production one (mainly getting bigger pads). I will put in the order on the 2:nd of Jan 2005. If you do not want to do this gp with me, that’s ok, just let me know. Better yet please update the wiki.

Thx to everyone,

Kari

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.