Comments on my Aleph-X layout?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have actually done that already. That's why i had to order D,Se,G and S the way they are on the AX board. My inital plan was to make a A3 with these boards but they should do nice on a AX too.

I should receive my first batch of 30 driverboards on Monday or Tuesday. :)

Here's a pic of the layout:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thermals

Hi Aurora,

My thermal problem is not a visual on sceen effect, i know what you mean. I studied the help files but i couldn't find the solution.
When i look at the last .png of Kari's design you see the cross connection from a path to the polygoon.So it's possible with Eagle.

Hi Kari,

How did you do that ?
B.t.w. that 3d picture is great !!!
Is that special 3d software ?

Best regards,
Johan.

Joho:

I have actually done nothing settingwise to Eagle to get those thermals. I do run version 4.13 if that has anything to do with it.

You can find the 3D software for Eagle here http://web2.callisto.twam.info/eng/index.php?page1=eagle3d

I'll check on howto setup a Wiki page for the groupbuy tomorrow (Sunday).

I'll also post scans of the driver pcbs as soon as i get them.

Thx to everyone for their input :cool:

/Kari

OK, I'm tempted to jump in on this as well but I have a really easy question.

How many Driver PCBs do I need for 2 channels? I see a lot of 2 main, and 4 driver orders but 4 driver orders is only 12 fets but the schematic calls out 8 fets per channel or 16 fets. So I would think you need 6 driver PCBs (3 fets each) and 2 main boards.

Or is the picture wrong and the Drivers PCBs have the 4 fets not 3?

Thanks,

Howie

Hi Kari

I have been comparing KK's schematic with Greys original schematic. Mostly just to see where they defer from each other, but also to get a better understanding of the circuit. I have noticed that Kristian have omitted the zeners from the input. Do you know of any pro's and con's by doing that?

Also I have noticed that both Out- and Out+ is coupled to ground by either a 33ohm 3W resistor in KK's schematic or 2 parallel 62ohm resistors in Greys Schematic, but I can't find them on your board. Have I gone blind (wouldn't be the first time) or have you omitted them, and if yes then why?

Regards
Lars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.