Comments on my Aleph-X layout?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also send Kari a mail, about a direkt bank transfer. This was almost a week before the closure of the group buy..... I assumed he didn't know some bank details I asked him for, and he didn't response because of that. Finally I payed with paypal, and stated in the payment details that I would have appreciated some response to my previous e-mails..............

I hope all is okay.....

Anyone know if its possible to get your money back from paypal if for example it was not a legitimate transaction?

I have been in that situation. It is a long and drawn out process to attempt to get restitution through Paypal. When it comes down to it, you can only get your money back if paypal is able to recover the funds from the other party. There is no 'insurance' thru paypal. Ebay offers insurance on properly purchased items in excess of $25.

Maybe it is worth looking into to perhaps use Ebay for group buys? A little more protection. Maybe the 'Group buyer' could list ..say..25 'widget boards' at a pre detirmined buy it now price. Call them something obscure so no one else buys 'em..

We should still assume Kari will keep his word as he did state he wouldn't ship till the middle of November...although I agree it does look like something is wrong.

I am reluctant to conclude that Kari played a trick on us!
The guy seemed so dedicated. It just doesn't make sense.
Perhaps something happened to him. In that case the money
going through Paypal would still be on his account there!
You have to transfer it to your bankaccount yourself, don't you?
If the money is not there the case seems a bit different.
Some people payed a good bit later than the last word from Kari.
So he wouldn't be able to transfer that money to his own bank,
if something happened to him.
Or perhaps he just went on a 3 week vacation and forgot to tell
:)
Before going any further in to this, I would like to see what happens around mid November.

Steen.

I have a source of making the PCB. For my version of Kari`s board (size is smaller - 120x105mm) I got a price of 6EUR per board (this price is for up to 3 boards, including solder mask and overlay). Because I don`t need the solder mask and overlay, the price dropped at 4EUR per board. And because I do not have the photo pattern for my boards, I must pay 2 EUR for this. If the boards will be more than 11 pcs, the price will drop down to 3EUR per board with overlay and solder mask, and about 2,2 EUR without these. All the prices are without VAT (VAT here is 20%). The bad news is that I will not organise groupbay, because of lack of time. But if anyone want to do that, here are the www addres for contacts: (by the way maybe this is the best prices for small series for making the PCB`s all over the world:D ):
I have a files for my version of Kari`s board (see the picture)

http://free.bol.bg/mikona7/gbindex.html

The price list:

http://free.bol.bg/mikona7/files/pricelist_en.doc

The prices are in Bulgarian leva (2BGN=1EUR)

Regards!

Attachments

• aleph-x.jpg
    aleph-x.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 813
Peranders - what name have you looked up? Kari Hasto?

I did a search and found a Kari Hästö from Stockholm, which by the way is the homewtown he has entered in his profiler. Even though i am scandinavian, i have no idea if there are 100's of people named Kari Hästö in Stockholm or not.

Edit: I did find another email for a Kari Hästö: kari.hasto(at)se.timberjack.com - But i don't know wheter it is the same Kari or not.

EDIT: removed @ /peranders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.