• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BTSB with Tube Buffer - HyperSET GB

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Yes, at least :) I'm really looking forward to it and I'm absolutely convinced that the preamp will be the perfect complement to the XW-1 amp (Warp-what-I-don't-call-Warp), which I've been listening to again for 3 hours now, with great fascination.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Super! I hope it arrived safely and in good order. I suppose it will take some time before you hook it up to test it.

I highly recommend a 2A capable 12v PSU. When I use a “Watt-o-meter” wall plug power monitor it shows 14W draw. So 12v x 1A supply is only 12W and less than needed power so best to use at least 1.5A capable 12v supply.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Yes, everything is fine!
I have a MeanWell 12v 4.2A psu, so it should work.
Hook up will take some time, another week of crazy workload, then off on vacation until mid-august in Norway :D
But next week I will find some time to design the chassis, so maybe the parts will arrive also mid-august.
Wow, it could be a funny autumn (y)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
It’s the subject of this thread. Look at post #1 as it has the details. You can get them here:

https://xrkaudio.etsy.com/listing/1474151499

The HyperSET buffer performs balanced or single ended to balanced and single ended output conversion with a tube buffer stage in between that can be bypassed for solid state operation. There is also available gains 0/6/14/20dB selectable with DIP switches. Max output from OPA1637 line drivers is 53Vpp in balanced output mode.

Reactions: 1 user