• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BTSB with Tube Buffer - HyperSET GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
An update on the HyperSET GB.

I have two pre orders placed, 2 promises from members saying they need a bit more time to get funds. We are still short 2 more orders.

Studley / 1 / Uk
Anonymous / 1 / North America - will place order in coming weeks
Plott / 1 / Austria will place order in coming weeks
elcarlissimo / 2 / I have two orders and assuming this is from same
vulture / 1 / USA

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I am just not getting the level of interest needed to make this happen (some people above still have not made pro-orders and even at 6, it is not very good from a mass but standpoint) and I am trying to see if this can be resolved by dropping the price which should increase the level of interest and hence bring the production costs down.

A self fulfilling prophesy? For those who have already pre-paid for the orders, I can give you a partial refund. Otherwise, I would have to cancel the project and refund all orders.

The new price I am setting it at is $295.

How does that sound?

Cheers,
X

#####

Current interest list

Studley / 1 / Uk
Anonymous / 1 / North America
Plott / 1 / Austria
elcarlissimo / 2 / order placed - partial refund due
vulture / 1 / USA

Reactions: 1 user
Ok,
I'm planning to build the Nilai 500 DIY stereo kit, but with to separate power supplies to get the maximum from the modules. The same as 2 separate mono blocks but in one case. Should I be using separate power supply for the HyperSet board or use the power from one of the supplies?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Good news folks, the PCB assemblies will be shipped to me next week. I better order the matched tubes now to go with them.
1b715400-7003-4898-bf41-b4e50a3746d6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
They will come stock with matched NOS Russian 6N1P tubes. You can install your own E88CC’s or 6DJ8’s as all are compatible.

They will be preconfigured to bypass the external volume pot. If you wish to use the volume control, there are two small SMT jumpers that need to be removed. I’ll write all this up in a users manual. Also details on how to use the on/off switch and how to trigger logic on external amp (open collector logic).

A good 12v PSU to use is the Meanwell EPS-25-12 universal open frame 25W 12v supply.