• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BTSB with Tube Buffer - HyperSET GB

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hi X,
now I start the project (very) slowly :unsure: and took a look at your trial/burn in pictures.
There are two switches - could you please explain their function?

IMG_5733.jpeg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Plott,
Great! If you refer to the connection diagram on post #1, the two switches correspond to the main power switch (J149 which goes from standby), and the Tube/SS mode select switch (J140):

1702738179654.jpeg

The board is basically always on at the +/-15v level from the on board DCDC supply through the 12vdc input. J149 enables the filament heater first then the 90v B+ high voltage for the plates. The opamps always stay on and this prevents turn on pop.

I noticed typo on my notes J109 and J110 for inputs. If using single ended input the -ve pin 3 must be grounded. Not pin 2. If using BTSB lite PCB for inputs this is handled automatically by auto relays.

Last edited:
I'm listening to the buffer right now and I must say I'm very impressed. It is very transparent, sound as good as with the tube buffer or bypassed. Perfectly silent, no noise. I studied the board in detailled and it is very good enginering, everything is well done, delayed mute at startup done with mosfet, Power-On and Off by a simple switch that activates an enabling circuit for the different sections of the board, tube 6.3V for the Heaters and 90V high Voltage done with dedicated buck converters very well designed. A great and versatile tube preamp front end. I'm very tempted to buy the ICE Power module and build myself an amp. Great work xrk971

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hi X,
just a short question to the wiring of turn on/off switch: why du we need a ground connection on the Molex-connector, or where should it be connected to on the switch side, because it doesn't switch the ground, it only shorts/opens NO/NC.
Many thanks.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
J118 is a latching DPST switch. Pin 1 is GND and the other two provide N/O or N/C. But both are needed to operate the logic. It’s not a simple make contact to GND. Both sides of switch need to operate in toggle mode. The reason it is like this is for use with latching pushbutton vandalproof type switches in front panel.

Reactions: 1 user