Anybody using the new ESS Vout DAC (ES9022)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This should work. This has a bit more group delay ( 28usec to 5usec @ 20kHz ) and a little bit less overshot in the impulse. The impulse is a bit wider though. Part of the post ringing is from the 48kHz sampling rate i used.
The buffer can use any high Gm N-channel Fet and the floating cascodes could be made with even higher pinch off voltage Fets. It has very low distortion and is very high speed.

Attachments

• ESS9022 Filter 2 Schematic.TSC - TINA.pdf
    7.2 KB · Views: 414
  • ESS9022 Filter 2 Inpuls Response.pdf
    6.1 KB · Views: 153
  • ES9022 Filter 2 FRD 20dB.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 152
This one I like, much better. ;)

For those who do not want to use SMD, I suggest you use 2SK372BL or 2SK369BL (or-V) to replace the BF862.
Also personally I use J111 for cascoding, but J310 is also fine. Both available in either SOT23 or TO92.

Thank you Joachim. And I presume R6 is Zout of the ES9022, i.e. inside the chip itself.
Modules built by me have MKP2 4.7n as C2 already. So you only need to add from R5 onwards.

Patrick

Last edited:

Attachments

• FAS inductors.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 114
No, they are not wide band enough. We need a core material that is good to at least 20kHz. There are materials that are good at high frequency for switch mode supplies for example but they are no good at audio frequencies. This is difficult.
We could ask Haufe, Pikatron, Sowter, Lundahl or Jensen but then it gets expensive.
I pay 100,-$ for a 24mH audio inductor from Sowter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.