Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

It was interesting to read the Stereophile article about that LaScala and its technology. Given the basis X and I uncovered during the development of the BB design I felt that the hype was a revelation of how a high quality audio amp is purved for good sales. What must the audiophile communicty really understand of the basic physics if they accept all that was described in the review we saw? It was somewhat similar to the original words written all those years about the Pathos, another circuit I'd worked with in the early nineties and thought to be very simple and obvious.

HD

Last edited:
Cheaper and better and more quiet than the Noctua in LaScala amplifier is Zalman CNPS8900 or whatever they call that size copper spiral looking top-down sinks these days, expect around 10 degrees Celsius higher temperature than cheaper xrk's Deepcool at similar noiselevel (Noctua pictured with LaScala around 25 degrees Celsius higher temperature (for 36V BBversion) and 10 dB higher noiselevel (compared to xrk budgetcooler). (might get you from futuristic proto to finished amp, easier)

You actully went through the thouble to change the noctua in LaScala, to the zalman .Good job irribeo . You got LaScala is 10degree down and more quiet , excellent.
Well back to hockey 3-0 , 20 min left if ......

Hi, I have not posted for a couple of weeks due to the loss of a lifelong very close friend to a dreadful illness. Lots on my mind. Also I am travelling to the USA for two to three weeks leaving tomorrow, so I won't be posting for a while, but I will read posts and follow with great interest.
Still have lots of things to decide regarding the final build of the Alpha, passive cooling or Fan assisted, both channels in one case or mono block, power supply etc.
One question, I have four off 100,000 ( hundred thousand) and four off 47,000uf capacitors. I was thinking of using two of each for each channel in a CRC configuration with the 100,000uf after the bridge. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
Thanks to all.
Regards
Alan

Alan,
As we age we see a few of our dear friends succumbing to illness and death. They have to bear it, and we have to expect it. It's terribly sad, but it gets the stage where the pain and discomfort is so intense death is a relief for them. It's their family and close friends that are left with it after the funeral.

Stay watching this thread in the US, a wonderful country! Your idea will work well, but even better is a CRCRC, or even a CRCRCRC using small caps. This ALPHA is quite resistant to ripple because the first and second stages are carefully filtered. But heavy filtering pays dividends with very fine resolution.

Hugh

Last edited:
The heatsink max. 38.8°Celsius 20-24V bias at ~1.7A room temp min 29.4°C max 30. 2°C . Irfp240 9240 1 pair. A Small fan 700 max rpm phobia G-silent 18. Not so noisy as other. ceiling fans on at same time a true hot summer push pull amp.

Those 15000uF caps are pretty cheap atleast at 35V, to 50V. 105°C ones.

Wow Juntuin! That turned out so amazing! I was planning to put my Alpha 20w in a boring hifi2000 case. I'll have to rethink that. And your PSU must measure very clean! Great work!

Thank you :) it's really hard to tell about your own work that is it ok or not.

Theres nothing wrong about hifi2000-case, atleast case work doesn't take all your time!

Thanks Gab!