Advice for driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Alpha 15 is a popular cheap woofer for OB use. Good for what it is, but its limitations becomemore & more obvious as the system resolution increases. After using in a variation of the MJK OB (w FF85KeN & a bafflemadefrom a surplus conference tabletop, we put ours in H-frames and they have had little use here.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• mjk-ob-playing.jpg
    mjk-ob-playing.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 198
Hi Dave,
Thank's..
If Jeff goes here !

My research is to replace FE126eN, crossed at 200 hz, two per side in OB (back to back mounting).
So I need low Mms, Sd near 80/100 cm°, natural, smooth, no tweeter needed (listening distance 2,5 m)..
Low frequencies is two Alpha 15A per side in H frame.
Phil.

My research is to replace FE126eN, crossed at 200 hz, two per side in OB (back to back mounting).
So I need low Mms, Sd near 80/100 cm°, natural, smooth, no tweeter needed (listening distance 2,5 m)..
Low frequencies is two Alpha 15A per side in H frame.

Sounds like an interesting implementation. As Dave say's, the FX120 is a very nice driver, and certainly laid back compared to the FE126eN. Very smooth thru the mid-treble region. Sd is only 66.5cm^2 thou, so maybe a little on the small side? If they're a good price, maybe hard to pass up. They work well in other enclosures also. I have mine in an Onken box, on the desktop at the moment.

A10p is also a very nice driver. Capable of deep bass in the FHXL enclosure. I would probably pick this driver for a "single" speaker application over the FX120, because of the extra bandwidth.

jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.