• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Woow nice amp ... :up:

Are you using a MCU for the protection and read out?
Thanks Baldin,
Appreciated your comment on this module. :)
Yes, there is an integrated ST MCU chip to monitor the rail voltage and temp. It functioned with DC,OVER-TEMP, HF,AC over/under-voltage protection, and startup/power-off sequence. It also reports the inner temp through the 26pin interface.
PS: Over-load and short protected by discrete circuit.
Thanks,Eric

Very cool :)
I have been looking into this myself, but have been a bit afraid that the noise from the MCU will get into the amp .....

Can I ask one more question:
I see you have a high density of components on both sides of the PCB. Has that caused you any problems, e.g. electromagnetic coupling through the PCB?

I guess you have an inner full GND layer to protect from this .

I have on my boards tried to keep one side free of components in my boards, but this is a lot of real estate to miss out .... your boards are much more space efficient, and probably also "tighter" improving e.g. fast switching

Very cool :)
I have been looking into this myself, but have been a bit afraid that the noise from the MCU will get into the amp .....

Can I ask one more question:
I see you have a high density of components on both sides of the PCB. Has that caused you any problems, e.g. electromagnetic coupling through the PCB?

I guess you have an inner full GND layer to protect from this .

I have on my boards tried to keep one side free of components in my boards, but this is a lot of real estate to miss out .... your boards are much more space efficient, and probably also "tighter" improving e.g. fast switching
Hi, Baldin,
I think the MCU does not cause the problem during my design, since we have dedicated ground for this digital circuit. and, I'll suggest putting the MCU inside for monitoring and protection in your design, it did save a lot of discrete methods, while the MCU is cheaper these days.
For the EMC design, we plan a lot before the layout, like separate areas for each function circuit like SMPS and class D amplifier, minimizing the main switching loop for the PSU, and ground plan for the D amplifier, and the 4-layer PCB does help on this.
We put a lot of features on this board like I mentioned the protections functions before, and we also have the thermal compressor and clip limiter...., it's hard to keep the one-side SMD components design。。

Thanks,Eric

Eric,
Can you give me an idea what you plan on including on the new I/o board I have a case and mat not drill out rear panel for old board. Also on listening test unit sounds good on bench speakers , however I noticed when I use the mute switch there is some background noice however when I pause music it is silent. I don’t plan on using the mute function so it does not mater to me.
Bill

Eric,
Can you give me an idea what you plan on including on the new I/o board I have a case and mat not drill out rear panel for old board. Also on listening test unit sounds good on bench speakers , however I noticed when I use the mute switch there is some background noice however when I pause music it is silent. I don’t plan on using the mute function so it does not mater to me.
Bill
Hi, Bill
We do notice some boards have the noise (from the aux XFMR) when enable the mute switch (the aux psu change to light load mode), and yes, we suggest not use this Mute-SW function.
Here is the updated I/O buffer with integrated the RCA input for your reference. I think this will be much suitable for the chassis mounting.
Thanks,Eric
1666056367827.png

If your system is compact design (I mean cannot put into this buffer board) you can cut the ribbon to wire it to your pre-amp, just make sure you connect it correctly and solder it well. Otherwise, I suggest to use this buffer board, and you can de-solder the XLR jack to put your input signal to these XLR jack pins.
It's easier to wire into your system.

Thanks,Eric
Hello
May I please first clarify if your name is Eric or Erica, just so that I may address you correctly. Would love to hear about your involvement with this amp. Is this your design or a team effort? It looks tidy and well-made. I have noticed that this amp hasn't been referred to by any name yet, so I'll Christian it Ericamp until you come up with something interesting. It's getting dull calling it 'the amp'. I am saying this in appreciation for the effort made with this amp and commercial success

Anyway, I have had some delays in trying out your amp. Setting up my workshop has taken priority. Well today I finally got to make a start with my project. The first step is replacing my front main speakers and amp with an Ericamp and a pair of freshly made desktop two-way speakers. The Ericamp will be fitted inside the chassis design I have drawn up in my project log link below. Please keep an eye on this, I'll show how I mount the board and also the dedicated poweramp chassis that I will use temporarily until the main chassis is ready

Uf'fornica build log link

Thanks and regards
Randy

Hello
May I please first clarify if your name is Eric or Erica, just so that I may address you correctly. Would love to hear about your involvement with this amp. Is this your design or a team effort? It looks tidy and well-made. I have noticed that this amp hasn't been referred to by any name yet, so I'll Christian it Ericamp until you come up with something interesting. It's getting dull calling it 'the amp'. I am saying this in appreciation for the effort made with this amp and commercial success

Anyway, I have had some delays in trying out your amp. Setting up my workshop has taken priority. Well today I finally got to make a start with my project. The first step is replacing my front main speakers and amp with an Ericamp and a pair of freshly made desktop two-way speakers. The Ericamp will be fitted inside the chassis design I have drawn up in my project log link below. Please keep an eye on this, I'll show how I mount the board and also the dedicated poweramp chassis that I will use temporarily until the main chassis is ready

Uf'fornica build log link

Thanks and regards
Randy
Hi, Randy
I've checked your link, indeed, it's a nice and great project. I hope you can share more with DIYers here, it's something like the free AD for our products :) (I hope you do not mind my self-promotion here).
Yes, you can call me Eric, and I like that you named it Ericamp, actually, we call it FFA001-V3, because we have a lot of variants for this module as I mentioned before. Also, we have a series amplifiers module (FFA002,003...) to announce later (higher output power 2x350W, single version....)
Anyway, I'll keep watching your project to see if I can make some support.

Thanks,
Eric

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, Randy
I've checked your link, indeed, it's a nice and great project. I hope you can share more with DIYers here, it's something like the free AD for our products :) (I hope you do not mind my self-promotion here).
Yes, you can call me Eric, and I like that you named it Ericamp, actually, we call it FFA001-V3, because we have a lot of variants for this module as I mentioned before. Also, we have a series amplifiers module (FFA002,003...) to announce later (higher output power 2x350W, single version....)
Anyway, I'll keep watching your project to see if I can make some support.

Thanks,
Eric
Thank you, Eric. I appreciate your support of DIY, so promote away. I strongly believe in everyone growing together and try to impress that culture to those I interact with. You are well-placed with your resources and infrastructure and in a great position to work together with DIY'ers. FFA001-V3 is a great value product with what it offers. There is no PSU dramas as the right PSU is designed in. I bet due to integrated PSUs, there would be no sync and power-sharing dramas with multiple boards. Secondly, it offers equal performance in 8R or 4R. Capable of combining power into single output, with only limitation being not compatible with 4R load in bridge mode. All these makes this board a superb choice for home theatre boxes

With this in mind, I urge you to consider an IO board featuring BT, USB, HDMI, DD-AC3 and DTS decoding that can plug in 2 x Eric1v3 boards for main and surround plus 1 x Eric1 High/Bass for centre and subwoofer. Also features a remote control code to use with popular aftermarket multi remotes. There is nothing like this on the market. I have had to appropriate the PCB from a very good home theatre decoder unit to fit into Uffornica HS and wish this process was easier

Looking forward to the High/Bass version. I'll be using that in my smaller bass amp, and looking forward to the larger ones

My target for largest bass amp is a 4 x 10 for which I am looking forward to sourcing 4 of your 350w x2 to fit into one cab. That's 700w per driver

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, Eric. I appreciate your support of DIY, so promote away. I strongly believe in everyone growing together and try to impress that culture to those I interact with. You are well-placed with your resources and infrastructure and in a great position to work together with DIY'ers. FFA001-V3 is a great value product with what it offers. There is no PSU dramas as the right PSU is designed in. I bet due to integrated PSUs, there would be no sync and power-sharing dramas with multiple boards. Secondly, it offers equal performance in 8R or 4R. Capable of combining power into single output, with only limitation being not compatible with 4R load in bridge mode. All these makes this board a superb choice for home theatre boxes

With this in mind, I urge you to consider an IO board featuring BT, USB, HDMI, DD-AC3 and DTS decoding that can plug in 2 x Eric1v3 boards for main and surround plus 1 x Eric1 High/Bass for centre and subwoofer. Also features a remote control code to use with popular aftermarket multi remotes. There is nothing like this on the market. I have had to appropriate the PCB from a very good home theatre decoder unit to fit into Uffornica HS and wish this process was easier

Looking forward to the High/Bass version. I'll be using that in my smaller bass amp, and looking forward to the larger ones

My target for largest bass amp is a 4 x 10 for which I am looking forward to sourcing 4 of your 350w x2 to fit into one cab. That's 700w per driver
Hi, Randy
Thanks for your suggestions, and it did put higher demand on us, we'll try to see how far we can go:)
With your requirement for high-power modules, I'd like to show you some pictures in advance (the 2x350W same interface with the 2X150W version, and a single 350W module.) With these boards in your system, I hope it will not cause the complaints from your neighbors ~~

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• 微信图片_20221020203849.jpg
    微信图片_20221020203849.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 微信图片_20221020203839.jpg
    微信图片_20221020203839.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 225
Joined 2008
Paid Member
@Fsatsil, wow. I marvel at the varied listening environments and preferences across this site. I barely ever crack one watt in my main listening rig. And that’s with modestly inefficient speakers. I doubt I’ve ever played anything over 85dB with speakers. 🐔
I don’t doubt your needs and trust Eric’s higher powered amps will work for you, but I know I’ll never need the full power of the 150 watt modules.

Rock on. 🤘

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Eric

I need some info please.

What do you get when you pay the $50 + shipping?

I’d like to have the sturdy mounting plate but besides this would I need a buffer? My setup is single ended (RCA), please tell me the input impedance if SE is used.

Thanks
Eric

Last edited: